Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Oh ok, so I guess they fixed that issue then. Well I'm out of ideas ... RIM Handheld OS forum

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D

Advertisement

Oh ok, so I guess they fixed that issue then. Well I'm out of ideas on why JiveTalk isn't working for that user.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.52 OS!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    There you go. Thanks Melissa. Now we don't have to try it.

bibi, how're doing up there?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by vailbear View Post
    ............I have a question for others on TMO who have upgraded. Do you have to manually retrieve images on emails? I am set for automatic HTML, or am I missing something?
    Vailbear,

I've got it too and all my settings are correct as far as I know. I just got an email with images from Casemate and had to request manually for them to be downloaded. Sorry I didn't understand your question earlier. I usually ignore these types on my BB and handle them when I get back to the p-c but I was out waiting on something and opened the thing.

Can anyone verify that, using 4.5, you have to request the images download manually in your emails? Thanks.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

insrebel36 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    Why does 4.5 OS think I have a new BB??? The versions I have tried think my BB is a new BB and put my BB Messenger contacts in a group called Pending PIN Updates. I might wipe my BB and go back to 4.3

I have the same problem with my 8320. Anyone have a solution to this? Its a little annoying.

rand0m no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Try editing your permissions to ALLOW. That fixed my softreset problem.

permissions are all allowed.. i think ill uninstall and do an OTA again to see if that works.

this is the msg i get when trying to use though

"Uncaught exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException"

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    rand0m,

java.lang error: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ead.php?t=1271

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.52 OS!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Random, I forgot to say that I re-downloaded softreset first and then pulled the battery and then set my permissions to allow and it worked.

bibi527 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I'm T-Mobile, 8320 like you and I don't have any experience analyzing Jivetalk problems because I've NEVER had any trouble with it before or after 4.5. The things that I would try are deleting and reinstalling with a reboot after delete. You can download it here - be sure to keep your registration info handy. After download I think you have to register or sign in and see if that helps. Maybe someone else has some insight or you might contact beejive support. Sorry I couldn't help more- this post will bump it up again - maybe someone will jump in.

Anyone having Jivetalk problems with 4.5 able to help this user?

Thanks for your help earlier. I figured out what was wrong and was able to fix it. It was a problem with my network settings.

Quote Originally Posted by bibi527 View Post
    Thanks for your help earlier. I figured out what was wrong and was able to fix it. It was a problem with my network settings.
    Glad you got it fixed bibi - now on to other problems/solutions.

thanks HeavyComponent and pdxmatts.. i'll try to put softreset on w/ app loader tonight..

I did try to uninstall, redownload/battery pull and then set permissions w/o any luck.

I did just notice that my jivetalk doesnt work either.. after reading some of the past post, i'll try and figure this out also.

Is no one else getting random resets while trying to view videos and recording though? seems like just me so far

rand0m,

Soft reset used to be available at geekandproud.net but I can't find it there any more - I guess you have a copy. Also you can reset your 8320 by pressing and holding ALT+RT SHIFT(CAP)+DELETE - hope that helps.

UPDATE: It's still there: [FONT=&quot]http://www.geekandproud.net/blackber.../softreset.zip[/FONT]
    Last edited by jblackfish; 07-22-2008 at 06:49 PM.

^ yeah, thats actually where i picked it up from a while back..

here's the OTA = http://www.geekandproud.net/blackber.../softreset.jad

mrpringlez no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304B6584

Thumbs down

Can someone please help me install this 4.5 os I posted a reply to this but still no response
    Don't Get Mad Get $Money$ Why They Call Me Mr.Pringlez You Ask ? Cuz I Stack My Chips... Ow !

slacker44_2000 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Just upgraded to 4.5 om tmo 8320
    My camera has stopped working, video works ....
    not the photo camera

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I discovered a new (to me) 4.5 problem. I was replying WAP to a post like this:

- I clicked the quote button so as to answer a specific post.
    - when the box appeared with the quote I typed my answer
    - when I tried to "roll" out of the box using trackball to the "post reply" button I was trapped in the box and could not get out to click reply.

Anyone have that problem and/or know the solution?

Update: It's working OK now ... after simply turning BB of and back on, not a reboot. It must have been an isolated case. I'll keep watching for it again. Still curious if anyone else has had the problem.
    That has happened a couple of times with beta. And actually I think it may be a pinstack issue but in some cases you are stuck or can't reply to a pm. The only solution is to reload the page for when you get stuck or when it comes to a pm compose a new one instead of replying to an existing pm in your box.