Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by nealpolshuk I never took out my SIM Card. Upgrade took a little ... RIM Handheld OS forum

sweet_pants no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Jus Ask

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by nealpolshuk View Post
    I never took out my SIM Card. Upgrade took a little over an hour. No problem and no fried SIM.

Thanks for the info!
    "It Is What It Is"

olduwan no está en línea Stack level 1
    Strange, the upgrade worked after using another comp with xp instead of vista and 4.3 DM instead of 4.5 DM.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by olduwan View Post
    Strange, the upgrade worked after using another comp with xp instead of vista and 4.3 DM instead of 4.5 DM.
    Good ol' XP - make another mark in the "good box" for that one.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

I discovered a new (to me) 4.5 problem. I was replying WAP to a post like this:

- I clicked the quote button so as to answer a specific post.
    - when the box appeared with the quote I typed my answer
    - when I tried to "roll" out of the box using trackball to the "post reply" button I was trapped in the box and could not get out to click reply.

Anyone have that problem and/or know the solution?

Update: It's working OK now ... after simply turning BB of and back on, not a reboot. It must have been an isolated case. I'll keep watching for it again. Still curious if anyone else has had the problem.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 07-22-2008 at 09:27 AM.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by vailbear View Post
    I installed last week and it has worked perfectly. Nice upgrade but I have a question for others on TMO who have upgraded. Do you have to manually retrieve images on emails? I am set for automatic HTML, or am I missing something?
    Are you talking about images or attachments? It's normal to have to go to, select and retrieve attachments. Maybe I'm not understanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by vailbear View Post
    Ditto on Soft Reset not working.
    My soft reset works fine.

mrpringlez no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304B6584
    I am having so many problems trying to instal this new OS on my blackberry can someone please help I have a 8820 Tmobile blackberry feel free to BB message me my pin is in my profile. HELP PLEASE I WANT 4.5 OS !!!! LOL
    Don't Get Mad Get $Money$ Why They Call Me Mr.Pringlez You Ask ? Cuz I Stack My Chips... Ow !

bibi527 no está en línea Stack level 1

Jivetalk

I'm not sure if anyone else has had problems with this, but since upgrading to 4.5 I haven't been able to use Jivetalk. When I open it it starts to load and then says "Tunnel Time Out". Can anyone help me with this? please

Quote Originally Posted by bibi527 View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone else has had problems with this, but since upgrading to 4.5 I haven't been able to use Jivetalk. When I open it it starts to load and then says "Tunnel Time Out". Can anyone help me with this? please
    Have you tried setting permissions to "allow?" Go to options: advanced options: applications, and scroll down to Jivetalk. Press menu key, select menu key and set all to allow. See if that helps.

bibi527 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Have you tried setting permissions to "allow?" Go to options: advanced options: applications, and scroll down to Jivetalk. Press menu key, select menu key and set all to allow. See if that helps.
    When I noticed that Jivetalk wasn't working I checked the permission settings and everything was fine. So i'm not sure what the problem can be.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpringlez View Post
    I am having so many problems trying to instal this new OS on my blackberry can someone please help I have a 8820 Tmobile blackberry feel free to BB message me my pin is in my profile. HELP PLEASE I WANT 4.5 OS !!!! LOL
    Since you didn't describe what you've done, try this:

Take a breath, go slow and be patient with yourself. If you don't have the OS, go here for the download for your device. (Be aware that the .52 version SEEMS to be the most stable so far so try to get that one if possible. (I see you're the 8820 - .37 is the one you'll have to choose for now.)

(Also be aware that, if it's not on this list it isn't official yet and Pinstack doesn't allow asking for or posting un-official releases of the OS.)

Go to this thread for an upgrade procedure.

Post your specific progress back here and we'll try to help you get through it.

Quote Originally Posted by bibi527 View Post
    When I noticed that Jivetalk wasn't working I checked the permission settings and everything was fine. So i'm not sure what the problem can be.
    I'm T-Mobile, 8320 like you and I don't have any experience analyzing Jivetalk problems because I've NEVER had any trouble with it before or after 4.5. The things that I would try are deleting and reinstalling with a reboot after delete. You can download it here - be sure to keep your registration info handy. After download I think you have to register or sign in and see if that helps. Maybe someone else has some insight or you might contact beejive support. Sorry I couldn't help more- this post will bump it up again - maybe someone will jump in.

Anyone having Jivetalk problems with 4.5 able to help this user?

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Remember there was a problem wirth JiveTalk for users for when 4.5 first came around. It was said that if you do not have Docs2Go installed on your BB JiveTalk won't work. It was weird, but it started to work as soon as the stackers start putting Docs2Go on there BB's. Go to DM and add Docs2Go and see if that resolves the problem.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.52 OS!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks Heavy,
    I've always had Doc to Go so maybe that's why I never had the problem.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Same with me jblack. I don't know if they fixed it with the 4.5 OS's that are out now. Only one way to find out.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.52 OS!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    I have JiveTalk on my BB with .52. No problems using it. I don't have Docs2Go installed, takes up so much space and I don't need it. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~