Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

I have the 8330, will this still work for me even tho it says for ... RIM Handheld OS forum

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705

Advertisement

I have the 8330, will this still work for me even tho it says for 8300, or 8310?

Im scared to upgrade cause of all the probs ppl are having.
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net
    http://briandominic.vox.com/

olduwan no está en línea Stack level 1
    I give up. I got the 507 and had to downgrade and retried upgrade almost 15 times and I still get the 507.

Its weird, everytime the blackberry desktop gets to "loading applications" part of the upgrade process, it stops and says upgrade has failed. It then results to a 507.

I have a tmobile 8230 btw.

JeffreyC no está en línea Stack level 3

Volume on media player

Anyone notice the media player with this upgrade to be louder? Previous versions the volume was lower but I can't tell??? Anyone notice any differences?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyC View Post
    I downloaded this, went to the program and common files and deleted the XML vendor file and then downloaded it.... I went to the app loader and it's not recognizing any updates??? I've done about 3-4 os upgrades not sure what I'm doing wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by melissaox View Post
    do you already have a beta .52 installed? It is the same OS. It won't come up as an upgrade.
    Plus, if you weren't running .52 before - I wasn't - I had to uninstall my previous OS (4.2) BEFORE the DM would recognize my installed 4.5 - I'm lazy and didn't do it before installing 4.5 and there was no vendor file to delete until I uninstalled the previous version - then I deleted the vendor file and DM recognized that there was a new version to install on the BB. Hope that helps.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

nealpolshuk no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by olduwan View Post
    I give up. I got the 507 and had to downgrade and retried upgrade almost 15 times and I still get the 507.

Its weird, everytime the blackberry desktop gets to "loading applications" part of the upgrade process, it stops and says upgrade has failed. It then results to a 507.

I have a tmobile 8230 btw.
    Before you upgrade, change your theme to the Tmobile default theme. Otherwise you will get the dreaded 507 error. The theme you are using is not compliant with this new OS.

nealpolshuk no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by nealpolshuk View Post
    Before you upgrade, change your theme to the Tmobile default theme. Otherwise you will get the dreaded 507 error. The theme you are using is not compliant with this new OS.
    Also... Be patient... It took 40 minutes for my phone to load applications.

Quote Originally Posted by nealpolshuk View Post
    Just to add to that I had been using the Scribble theme and when I upgraded, the theme that came up (even though I had deleted the vendor file) was the T-Mobile theme. The problem with that theme was that the BBM icon was GONE and it took me forever to realize that it was the theme. When I changed to Dimension L it came back and all was well. (Scribble doesn't work (I think, haven't actually tried it yet) under 4.5.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    305DA705
    I'm totally having second thoughts about 4.5.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkkent51ny View Post
    I have the 8330, will this still work for me even tho it says for 8300, or 8310?

Im scared to upgrade cause of all the probs ppl are having.

Nope, you must have an OS for the 8330.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

daveyboi no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Most of the error 507 woes can be fixed with a jl commander wipe. After the wipe it will read 50 error, but reinstall os and run DTM. If ur phone is not recognized, go to connection options and select usb. Manually run app loader after that.

PIN/ID
    305DA705
    So their isnt one out for the 8330 yet, right? Or did I miss it somewhere?
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net

So their isnt one out for the 8330 yet, right? Or did I miss it somewhere?
    Looks like not for the 8330 yet - hang in there. It'll happen.

PIN/ID
    305DA705
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Looks like not for the 8330 yet - hang in there. It'll happen.
    Dont worry, im not even sure if I wanna do it yet.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net

PIN/ID
    305DA705
    sorry, was I not supposed to post a link?

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net

sorry, was I not supposed to post a link?
    Sent PM to you explaining. Thanks.