Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

I'm on the new 4.5.0.52 as well, installed the other. I've heard a lot of ... RIM Handheld OS forum

lordlala no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Wi-Fi drops when swithing to cell tower...

Advertisement

I'm on the new 4.5.0.52 as well, installed the other. I've heard a lot of people report the wifi works better and doesnt seem to drop off anymore when you go out of UMA and back into EDGE.

This isn't the case for me still...

I wonder, am I doing something wrong? Anyone have any pointers/tips?

Thanks!

FusionTactik no está en línea Stack level 2
    i must be retarded or something but im on the site for orange 4.5 thru the link from the first page but all i see is a download for dm 4.5 which im in the process but where is the os download for the 8320? all i see is version 4.2 which i have already.

FusionTactik no está en línea Stack level 2
    nvm i am retarded...only took me 45 mins to figure it out after going back and forth with both sites....i amuse myself sometimes..lol

mDRagON- no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c161f
    When I did a restore my address list never did and it's blank on the desktop there are 163 entries.

I think the RIM really sucks updating software, there are so many things they seem not to know whats going on for the average Joe. So many folks run the origianl software for life, and miss out on all the new innovations. Dear RIM Please make updating software mo betta!

Just a little piss on the time I spend updating, and now I'm back to 43

PIN/ID
    215c161f
    And Whats up when there is no vender file. When is it written to the computer?

PIN/ID
    215c161f
    Well I finally got updated, after about 15 hours of trying. that aint right at all. I'm very computer literate from my Atari XE's, and Atari ST. Before lot of the younguns were born. Now it's on to play and relax abit. I do have to load some app loaders for web sites..

Aloha Nui Loa!

oldgeek no está en línea Stack level 3
    I didn't have all of those problems, but when I did a downgrade it didn't restore the address book because the 4.5 address book uses a different format and it doesn't convert backwards. After the downgrade I ran DM and did a selective restore from the original backup it does when you upgrade and the address book restored perfectly. But I agree, the "average" user would have a problem doing an upgrade or downgrade.

sweet_pants no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Jus Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by basic View Post
    dude- I have tmo, (and an 8320) and have been using it all day with nary a problem (I did have a duplication of appts in my calendar but easily resolved). It has been working flawlessly. html and faster (with new brower) browsing . I would recommend it. I have shied away from some of the previous iterations but took the plunge with this one.

that said, if you are remotely concerned, don't, wait for the official . there is nothing here that is worth your sanity if something does go wrong.

Thanks! It's just it can be a bummer if things go wrong and then u have to change back. Or can't change back.

However, I can't deny that I definately want to give it a try...
    "It Is What It Is"

sweet_pants no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Jus Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by nealpolshuk View Post
    I am a TMO customer with an 8320... no problems so far with this great upgrade!

Thanks. I'm going to give it a try. I did hear that I should take out my SIM and memory cards? Is that still a suggestion?
    "It Is What It Is"

Bobboya no está en línea Stack level 2
    I performed the upgrade in OS last night to 4.5.0.52. Most things working fine. I am thrilled to be able to listen to live radio streaming (courtesy of www.Moodio.fm); to have HTML email; to be able to record video and sound; and really excited about Documents to Go (already bought the Premium edition).

Here are the problems, most of which have resolved themselves after a second installation, following a clean wipe.

First installation
    1) When I performed the first OS upgrade, I could not reach the Pinstack website. It just appeared as a white screen. I also noticed that the only browser available was the T-mobile browser.
    2) When I got up this morning the BB was shut off. Could not start it by pressing the on/off key. So, had to do a battery pull. It was strange, because I checked the auto on/off settings and the auto on/off was not enabled. Furthermore, it was strange not being able to restart the BB just by pressing the on/off key.
    3) Google maps did not work.

I clean wiped the BB, and now everything seems fine. I guess I would recommend wiping the BB before the OS installation.

Ciao!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Curve 8320
    OS 4.5.0.52
    Software: Docs to Go Premium
    Google Maps for Mobile
    Flickr
    Opera Mini
    Pocket 10C SE scientific calculator
    Mobipocket Reader
    Freedom Universal Keyboard

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by mDRagON- View Post
    And Whats up when there is no vender file. When is it written to the computer?
    Did you uninstall the previous version of the OS before installing the new one? If you do I'll bet your vendor file shows up on the new OS ... if you installed it completely. (Don't get rid of the install module - just the installed version via Control Panel: add/remove programs, etc)
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

BTW Flickr (3d party photo sharing ap) is a no-go for 4.5 - I was rewarded for executing it and attempting to login with a HARD lockup. Deleted. I can use the extra memory.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    Flickr was working on the older 4.5 if memory serves, but it is not working at the moment on .52. It seems to be hit or miss on 4.5 versions for Flickr.

Bobboya - did you re-register on the network, resend your service books, and reset your TCP/APN? Make sure you do that to get your browser, email, and third party apps working.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox View Post
    Flickr was working on the older 4.5 if memory serves, but it is not working at the moment on .52. It seems to be hit or miss on 4.5 versions for Flickr.

Bobboya - did you re-register on the network, resend your service books, and reset your TCP/APN? Make sure you do that to get your browser, email, and third party apps working.
    Yep, thanks. Did all that yesterday so I should be good on that level.

adrian1185 no está en línea Stack level 1
    So can this be used with the T-Mobile 8320?