Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by phatmanxxl Also I did notice that bb maps don't work at all ... RIM Handheld OS forum

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by phatmanxxl View Post
    Also I did notice that bb maps don't work at all looks like you win some loose some with this upgrade. Tmo should not be too far off with their update hopefully.
    I have an 8300, and I'm running the beta of this same release .52 / rel75, but I suspect the beta and final .52 are the same (there would be a different build number otherwise). Anyway - BBMaps seems to work really well for me. I don't have GPS, and so can't test that - but Maps seems to work just fine in all other respects.

- Jon

socal5vee no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by nealpolshuk View Post
    It's actually 'Datavis Docs To Go' and you get it by connecting your bberry to your computer... In DM click on 'Application Loader' and the 'Add/Remove Applications'

You will then see it populate a list of all available apps. Look for DocsToGo and click a check mark to the left of it.

Click next until finished. It will load DocsToGo onto your blackberry.

Good luck my friend.
    Thanks Neal,
    You ever notice the simple things are always overlooked............

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Referring to the BBM icon not appearing on the home screen in 4.5:

Quote Originally Posted by j0hnnyv View Post
    This is VERY fixable. It has happened to me before on earlier beta upgrades. You have to load desktop manager and goto backup/restore and load the restore and you will see all your records of what was backed up. Theres some option where you click on bb messenger and click "Refresh" or something like that. And it comes back bro.

You will get it!
    Performed the restore: What I did was connect to DM, click on restore: advanced, and select Blackberry Messenger only and do the restore. The icon still doesn't display on the home screen.

The funny thing is that options: advanced options: applications has ALWAYS shown Blackberry Messenger to be installed. There's just NO ICON. I also get NO msgs when one is sent. I do have 2 (duplicate) t-zones icons. Thoughts?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

vailbear no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242693D1
    Downloaded and installed last nite!
    NICE!

dashady187 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hello all, I am having a problem with this new update. When I use the video camera and record something and then try to play it nothing happens. Then I hit menu and try and close the camera but it will not close. I end up having to do a battery pull to stop it from running in the background. Any ideas?

basic no está en línea Stack level 2
    this is weird: upgraded to 4.5 HH (8320 tmo) and everytime I either pull the battery or do a reboot my icons scramble and reset from their placement (I use the today plus theme) - icons that I had deleted or hidden basically went back to their out-of-the-box (new) positions/state.

cyberpyr8 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I cleaned up a bunch of themes and apps that I really don't use and rebooted the phone before I started. That is probably not a bad idea before you try the upgrade. So far it is working great. I have my co-worker trying it now. We'll see how his goes.

oaussieo no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up New OS is Great (So Far)

I installed this on 8320 and no issues as of yet, very stable, it took some time (more than outhers) but that the fun in upgrading, right?

Thanks for the heads up on the new OS

OK, There is on issue though small , I now have two T-Zones icones, I have tried deleting them and there service books, but they just return when the device registers, anyone else experiancing this?
    Last edited by oaussieo; 07-18-2008 at 11:57 AM. Reason: add info
    To many phones to mention,
    Low posts as I use SEARCH feature.....

bigd634 no está en línea Stack level 1
    how do i get the program everytime i download it says its for repair or remove the os how do i get the actual program for the update?

basic no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by oaussieo View Post
    I installed this on 8320 and no issues as of yet, very stable, it took some time (more than outhers) but that the fun in upgrading, right?

OK, There is on issue though small , I now have two T-Zones icones, I have tried deleting them and there service books, but they just return when the device registers, anyone else experiancing this?

yeah...per above post, they reappear every time I reboot (or pull the battery) - cannot get rid of them (and as i noted, my icons and their positions return to their original state)...

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Referring to the BBM icon not appearing on the home screen in 4.5:

Performed the restore: What I did was connect to DM, click on restore: advanced, and select Blackberry Messenger only and do the restore. The icon still doesn't display on the home screen.

The funny thing is that options: advanced options: applications has ALWAYS shown Blackberry Messenger to be installed. There's just NO ICON. I also get NO msgs when one is sent. I do have 2 (duplicate) t-zones icons. Thoughts?
    WELL! It was the d** T-mobile theme. I changed themes and the BBM icon is there although I've lost all my BBM contacts. Now I guess I've got to add those back 1 by 1. I can't believe that I didn't think of this sooner. I got a BBM msg alert and could see the notice at the top of the screen but had no way to find it. Changed themes - viola!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

tiger123sw no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24207ab3
    Quote Originally Posted by oaussieo View Post

Same here two Tzones and when I try and hide icons they come back with a power cycle

Why is this release so different in its problems?

Quote Originally Posted by dashady187 View Post
    .....When I use the video camera and record something and then try to play it nothing happens. Then I hit menu and try and close the camera but it will not close....
    My video works perfectly. (8320)

Quote Originally Posted by basic View Post
    ....everytime I either pull the battery or do a reboot my icons scramble and reset from their placement .....
    ...none of this happened to me but there are so many OTHER different problems. I had the problem with the missing BBM icon and it was the T-mobile theme that caused the problem. The icon re-appeared with both the Pinstack theme and the Dimension L theme (which I'm using now.)

Also, if you're using BB Smart remember to delete it with this version - I forgot to do that and it HUNG me up several times with certain emails.

nealpolshuk no está en línea Stack level 3
    same here... it is always the real easy solutions (and in my case mistakes) that screw me up

nealpolshuk no está en línea Stack level 3
    I know that you probably did this... However.....

Did you look for the icon within the Instant Messaging folder on your blackberry desktop?