Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

hmmm broadcast channel? ill try it. im in a brick building and my router is ... RIM Handheld OS forum

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3

Advertisement

hmmm broadcast channel? ill try it. im in a brick building and my router is the only signal it picks up. At work i use linksys and it works fine and stays connected.

Yes i always have it set to wifi prefered.

EDIT: i turned the firewall off, its fine now. thanks for the suggestion though.
    Last edited by phatmanxxl; 07-18-2008 at 02:42 AM.

ag_one80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hnnyv View Post
    What problems? There is 0 with the 8320
    I haven't tried it yet,I have a 8310,I hoping it will 0 problems.

Lindararith no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have been running this OS for day now. Everything is going smoothly. But I have one question. When I go into my browser option to set it on Wi-fi. It doesn't give me the options but t-zones, internet, hot spot browsers. Did they change the name to hot spot instead of Wi-fi?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    Hotspot and wi-fi are the same thing...hope this helps ~via BB 8320~

mamapie no está en línea Stack level 1
    hahahaha

So I um'd and ah'd about using one of the betas for another vendor, then decided that I'd wait for my carrier's official release. I'm with Orange UK so I thought my luck was in when I saw this thread yesterday. I thought it would be a breeze!

Er no....It took me 4 hours to install, after the darn thing bricked with a 507 error. I did get it on eventually though and it's wonderful to use.

The lack of themes is bugging me, but tbh I'm happy that I haven't still got a nuked phone!

If I had this much trouble with an official release that was actually for me and my phone I hate to think what would have happened if I'd tried a beta for a different vendor!

grizedale no está en línea Stack level 1

Success

In UK, on Orange, got a Curve 8320 - installed the update last night, took approx an hour. Loving the look, very clean and the Headset Equalizer in the Media options.

Can anyone confirm that I can now use an 8gb Micro card?
    Last edited by grizedale; 07-18-2008 at 06:40 AM.

Lindararith no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by magellan0547 View Post
    Hotspot and wi-fi are the same thing...hope this helps ~via BB 8320~
    Thanks for clearing it up. I was used to seeing the name Wi-fi instead of hotspot.

markjnj no está en línea Stack level 2
    tried this on my 8120 yesterday, I noticed call volume to be a little bit lower and my calls were getting dropped when making calls from home while it was connected to UMA. reverted back to 4.3 for now...

leanko no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~So I'm still unsure. I have a 8300 from ATT. Will these 4.5 os work on it. The posts always seem to say "for 8320" or "for 8310"? Just don't want to crash my curve. Thanks.

ConstantineXVI no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244EB7DA
    Quote Originally Posted by leanko View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~So I'm still unsure. I have a 8300 from ATT. Will these 4.5 os work on it. The posts always seem to say "for 8320" or "for 8310"? Just don't want to crash my curve. Thanks.
    They tend to say "for 8320" or "for 8310" since the 8300 was cut off so early. The TIM site has a 8300 build.

quiche no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've searched this thread and so far, there's only one other person having a similar issue as mine. I downloaded 4.5 last night and and everything went smooth until I tried to access my browser bookmarks for the second time. Whenever I try to access the bookmarks, my browser hangs. I did a soft reset, hangs. Battery pull, hangs. And another weird thing, when I choose bookmarks from the drop down menu, it brings up a second (almost the same) drop down menu. Any suggestions other than wipe and redo?

T-Mo 8320

Edit: Okay, I've found part of the issue. This OS doesn't seem to like the t-zones browser. Every page I tried to go to using t-zones, it would hang. Using the Internet Browser, pages work fine. Still can't access most of my bookmarks and when I try to, everything hangs no matter what browser(except Opera of course) I'm using.
    Last edited by quiche; 07-18-2008 at 09:43 AM.

socal5vee no está en línea Stack level 1

Microsoft Doc to go

Does anyone know it the TIM Italy os 4.5 came with Microsoft documents to go and where to find it on the hand held.........have the 8310 curve?

PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    The phatman review:

On my 8320
    I notice my browser seems to hang too. Opra seems to run a little better than the default browser but with a little tinkering with the settings. But other than that the phone as a whole it seems to work just fine. I didn't notice a differance in speed of the device as some people claimed to have noticed. At first my AOL I'm didn't work, I had to reinstall it and now the new version works just fine. I'm still having problems staying connected to my router but I think its not the phone but the wack router since I've had connection problems with my network on my computers, ill have to mess with it when I have time. The files on the memory card worked without having to reformat. Seems like the people who are having problems are just isolated incidents or didn't follow the directions.

Overall the update was quick and painless and took about 30 minutes. (I started when family guy came on and I was on my phone before the program was over). It was really easy and I'm sure anyone who knows how to use a computer can do it. Just follow the directions.

I had an idea!!! Could I copy the vendor file from the tmo 4.2 OS and replace it in the 4..5 update from another carrier? Ill try it out when I have time.

nealpolshuk no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by socal5vee View Post
    Does anyone know it the TIM Italy os 4.5 came with Microsoft documents to go and where to find it on the hand held.........have the 8310 curve?
    It's actually 'Datavis Docs To Go' and you get it by connecting your bberry to your computer... In DM click on 'Application Loader' and the 'Add/Remove Applications'

You will then see it populate a list of all available apps. Look for DocsToGo and click a check mark to the left of it.

Click next until finished. It will load DocsToGo onto your blackberry.

Good luck my friend.

PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    Also I did notice that bb maps don't work at all looks like you win some loose some with this upgrade. Tmo should not be too far off with their update hopefully.