Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

I can't get mine to automatically download images either. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~... RIM Handheld OS forum

ahbilly no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

I can't get mine to automatically download images either.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I've been following this thread all day - have I missed something? I upgraded my 8320 and the BBM icon is GONE on the home screen! I checked applications and it's installed.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 07-17-2008 at 07:08 PM.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

mbatm27 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Downloaded to my 8100 several hours ago and am pleasantly pleased. Was hesitant to do the vendor.xml file delete, but took a deep breath and did it. Email looks great, the media player is much better. Even got a new tool called the "memory cleaner".

Installation was maddeningly slow, but made it through. Had issues with HTML mail until I re-sent service books.

Overall, everything just seems more polished.

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I've been following this thread all day - have I missed something? I upgraded my 8320 and the BBM icon is GONE on the home screen! I checked applications and it's installed.
    WTF! Anyone had the problem of missing the BB messenger icon on the 8320?

I even uninstalled it and reinstalled it - the icon is still not there...and I also installed the same 4.5 on my Pearl and IT'S got the BBM icon. Anyone have an idea?

FYI I'm showing all icons - it's one that's impossible to miss - it's just not there!

UPDATE - OK. This sucks! The BB browser's missing from the Pearl upgrade. I guess I should take inventory but this is too goofy to fool with!
    Last edited by jblackfish; 07-17-2008 at 07:42 PM.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

bimmahh no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by basic View Post
    didn't have to do that and I am with tmo. under options (when in messages), under email settings, make sure that "enable html email" is set to "yes"...

and as someone pointed out, resent service books.

Odd.. I don't even see that option under email settings.. I'm on TMO as well.. The upgrade went fine btw, any thoughts?

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I even uninstalled it and reinstalled it - the icon is still not there...and I also installed the same 4.5 on my Pearl and IT'S got the BBM icon. Anyone have an idea?

FYI I'm showing all icons - it's one that's impossible to miss - it's just not there!

UPDATE - OK. This sucks! The BB browser's missing from the Pearl upgrade. I guess I should take inventory but this is too goofy to fool with!
    Sorry for your bad experience! This just convinces me to wait a little longer for something more stable.

ronnyruff no está en línea Stack level 1
    Ok I downloaded it and I have a couple of questions:

how do I resend service books
    and how do I get my emails to auto display in html

Quote Originally Posted by ronnyruff View Post

Go to email set up - the option to resend service books is in there. Don't know the answer to the email question.

Quote Originally Posted by ikasen View Post
    Sorry for your bad experience! This just convinces me to wait a little longer for something more stable.
    Thanks. Every time I try it it gets a little better but, with my experience, ti's not ready to go for me! I don't put up with ANY annoyances and that's why I don't stay on it very long. All the new features are a temtation for all of us but if they don't work right, how good is that?

You're saving yourself a lot of time by waiting - I wish I could leave it alone. At this point I'm fairly pessimistic about the thing being "clean" for a long time!

...back to 4.5 for the 8320 and 4.3 for the 81xx.

ebanga no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24352F80
    Quote Originally Posted by nealpolshuk View Post
    Just reloaded OS... worked... got rid of the Error 523... thanks, Heavy D
    hehe Heavy D aka The Overweight Lover was a rapper from the late 80's

Heavy C (Component) is not him........

made me chuckle, thanx i needed that
    "Make It Count" R.I.P. Jay D ~ 6-25-05

j0hnnyv no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A75C4C

This is VERY fixable. It has happened to me before on earlier beta upgrades. You have to load desktop manager and goto backup/restore and load the restore and you will see all your records of what was backed up. Theres some option where you click on bb messenger and click "Refresh" or something like that. And it comes back bro.

You will get it!
    Last edited by jblackfish; 07-18-2008 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Rule violation
    BlackBerry Bold 9000 - TMobile
    PIN: 24A75C4C

Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/j0hnnyv

j0hnnyv no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A75C4C
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnyruff View Post

Resend your service books. There is tons of documentation on this on blackberry.com explaining the BIS 2.5 update and how to get html email working.

For tmobile working you login to your tmobile.com acount through their website. Goto setup blackberry internet email.

goto service books and click "Resend"

then from your device you can goto messages and then options and make sure where it says Enable HTML Email...make sure it says "yes"

Then after that all new email that is in HTML will show. IF images do not load you just have to click the menu key and press "get images"

Boom.
    BlackBerry Bold 9000 - TMobile
    PIN: 24A75C4C

Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/j0hnnyv

ahbilly no está en línea Stack level 1
    Just a lil FYI on resending service books:

From your BB; options>advanced options>host routing tables. Click your berry button and click "register now"

Service books on their way without the annoying tmo login!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

sosoqtpinoy no está en línea Stack level 1
    had anyone installed this on the 8310 yet ?

ag_one80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by sosoqtpinoy View Post
    had anyone installed this on the 8310 yet ?
    with the problems that its having,I can't put up with that.iam just going to wait for a more stable one to come out.