Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Originally Posted by KPSK I am new to BlackBerry which i bought my first one ... RIM Handheld OS forum

ConstantineXVI no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244EB7DA

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by KPSK View Post
    I am new to BlackBerry which i bought my first one yesterday after having an iPhone. Does this update help for me to do on my 8310 or should i leave as is? Also i am running a mac so how do i update if i need to? Thanks
    This is a HUGE update. Thing is, the updater only runs on Windows. So unless you have Windows in BootCamp or have a friend running Windows, you're SOL.
    Information should be free. Avoid trapping it in PMs/PINs if you can.

ConstantineXVI no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244EB7DA
    Quote Originally Posted by brucek View Post
    I upgraded from .37 to .55 last night. The only difference I have seen is that my home screen folders are all blank. In .37 there were 4 non-blank versions, the globe, the game controller, the gear and the arrow. Now they are all blank. Why?

One reason I wanted to upgrade was to get rid of choppy video. I still have that.

The other reason was to get rid of hang-ups. So far, I haven't had a hang-up with the new OS. Knock on wood.
    Okay, for reasons unknown to us, RIM didn't include the media files (folder icons, preloaded backgrounds, etc.) with the .52 and .55 releases. To get them back, you need to have your copy of .37 installed (if it isin't already). Also, you will need a program called JavaLoader, which is in this file: JL Cmder Unzip that somewhere. Go to "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8310-v4.5.0.37_P2.7.0.68\Java", and find the file "net_rim_bb_medialoader_320x240_b.cod". Copy it to wherever you put the JavaLoader.exe. Go to Start ->Run, type "cmd", and press enter. cd to the directory with JavaLoader and the .cod. Type "JavaLoader.exe -u load net_rim_bb_medialoader_320x240_b.cod" with your BB connected. Once this is finished, pull the battery.

Note: The paths will be different depending on your model, and the .cod for Pearl users is "net_rim_bb_medialoader_240x260_b.cod".
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 07-27-2008 at 09:25 PM.
    Information should be free. Avoid trapping it in PMs/PINs if you can.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    It feels the same as .52 to me. Haven't tried UMA on while on a call yet, but will update.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.55 OS Beta!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tianz no está en línea Stack level 1
    anyone tried on 8800 yet ?

like to know how it work. I have bluetooth problem on previous version.

bigdog364 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2439E565
    Nice. Now to find .55 for the 8320. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

j0hnnyv no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A75C4C
    just put .55 on my 8320 and after reloading my 3rd party apps I have 28mb free after wipe, memory optimization, and install....I will report back my file free after my restore is done(sure my emails will take some space ) ill let you know about any mem leak, sdcard, video, uma...all the good stuff.
    BlackBerry Bold 9000 - TMobile
    PIN: 24A75C4C

Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/j0hnnyv

rendon no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24354f43
    I am running 55 on my 8100 tmo pearl and the camera works great now and it is the fastest os I have seen it is fast from wen you first load it if anyone has any ? Just pin me!!!by the way I love the stacks!!!!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    UMA calls are much better! Haven't had any drop calls or call failed yet. The memory leak I would say is just like .52. Not a big deal at all. The speed of the OS is a slight faster then .52.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.55 OS Beta!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by ConstantineXVI View Post
    Okay, for reasons unknown to us, RIM didn't include the media files (folder icons, preloaded backgrounds, etc.) with the .52 and .55 releases. To get them back, you need to have your copy of .37 installed (if it isin't already). Also, you will need a program called JavaLoader, which is in this file: JL_Cmder Unzip that somewhere. Go to "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8310-v4.5.0.37_P2.7.0.68\Java", and find the file "net_rim_bb_medialoader_320x240_b.cod". Copy it to wherever you put the JavaLoader.exe. Go to Start ->Run, type "cmd", and press enter. cd to the directory with JavaLoader and the .cod. Type "JavaLoader.exe -u load net_rim_bb_medialoader_320x240_b.cod" with your BB connected. Once this is finished, pull the battery.

Note: The paths will be different depending on your model, and the .cod for Pearl users is "net_rim_bb_medialoader_240x260_b.cod".

EDIT: For some strange reason, the forum is editing out my link to JL_Cmder. Why?
    We don't want that excess crap. It just weighs down the phone and is unnecessary.
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 07-27-2008 at 09:26 PM.
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysbelieve1 View Post
    We don't want that excess crap. It just weighs down the phone and is unnecessary.
    I have to totally agree, I never use the built in backgrounds, and have no plans to add them back in. I did notice the folder icons only having one look, but I like that as well.

j0hnnyv no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A75C4C
    all the built in images were just a waste of memory. god bless RIM for not including them in these betas.
    BlackBerry Bold 9000 - TMobile
    PIN: 24A75C4C

Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/j0hnnyv

Sam123gil no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    A.S.K.
    All this talking about updating this and that. I have an 8130 from verizon, and i'm running the 4.3. I want to know will the download work for me, and can it harm or help me.

sjb4 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hnnyv View Post
    all the built in images were just a waste of memory. god bless RIM for not including them in these betas.
    I agree. I was surprised to not find any sample pics, songs, video, etc. Less stuff to delete. Now I do have to try to remove PTT and see if I can unlock some vendor themes to play with until Plasmic themes play nice with the new OS.

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    So...any REAL reason to upgrade an ATT 8310 to .55 from .52?
    Last edited by snipes mcgee; 07-27-2008 at 06:15 PM.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

dentalrep no está en línea Stack level 1
    I still can't find this for the 8320.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast