Hi I upgraded my OS to 4.5 on my 8320 on Orange UK. It was ... RIM Handheld OS forum

dd1968 no está en línea Stack level 2

Can't work out browser problem after Orange UK 4.5 OS upgrade!!

Advertisement

Hi I upgraded my OS to 4.5 on my 8320 on Orange UK.
    It was the official Orange release so it loaded no problem without the vendor file needing deleting.

Everything seems to be working fine apart from the browser...
    I get times when it seems to work ok generally, but won't load some pages (white screen or just the banner and no page body as such) and some times I get a cannot connect to the server error.
    generally the problem is more with wap/mobile configured pages..

I have:
    Pulled batteries
    resent service books
    re regstered the host routing table
    and have no problem with the email.
    emulation is blackberry on hotspot and orange world browser
    entered the APN as orangeinternet and left the other two fields blank.

But nothing seems to fix it - it wasn't like this at all before the upgrade worked very smoothly.

Any ideas??? please it's driving me nuts!

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    Your supposed to delete the vendor file, also you can go to options-advanced opitions-TCP-APN. At the APN type wap.voicestream.com. And also fiddle with your "set encoding" sometimes that will help. Mine is set at ISO-8859-1. Make sure your browser is in blackberry and not on Tzones. This should fix your problems.

thanks for the reply but didn't need to delete the vendor file as the release was for the carrier that i use (this only lets DM see the file)

the APN is set thru adv opt>tcp to "orangeinternet" which is the way it was before so that doesn't seem to be the problem...

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    Oh I didn't know you were on the orange network, sorry I was just checking the stacks before I fell asleep lol. Well best thing I can say is call CC and see what they say.

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05
    i upgraded my 8300 to a different carriers version of 4.5. I had the same issues and the problem you are axperiencing. The issue is that your carrier needs to republish the service for the new version incorperating the new features that the new OS uses. Otherwise your going to have the same problems i had with MMS recieve only, internet bad gateway errors and such. I would give your carrier a little time as I am sure they sorting out. Think of it this way, the service books are what tell the phone how to use the network. The service books in turn are written to take full advantage of the features of the firmware. if you have a mismatch then you get some ambiguis errors. I ended up downgraded back to my carriers 4.2 and all worked as advertised.
    Last edited by jhowle; 09-16-2008 at 06:30 PM.
    Looking for new buddies. Add me pin# 3115EE05

Good point...

The pages that don't load anymore with the BBbrowser open fine in Opera (really only wapsites/mobile optimized - like this one, crackberry, ****************s etc) so to be honest I'll live with that for the HTML mail and docs to go.

These are far more important to me and everything else is running smoothly.

Thanks for the input!!

MzPreTTy1207 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I was initially having the same prob could not access my browser...I went back to DM and opened app loader it will bring up the check list you have to check the box
    Blackberry MDS Default launcher then follow prompts. and ur browser will work perfectly I also add doc to go. Now I'm able to watch you tube videos and use the internet.....Good Luck

Logical_psycho no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    248711DD
    i also upgraded to .81,have no major problems atm browser is set to internet browser default. msd is internet, wap is set to tzones. the only thing i see thats is a little buggy is a game THK 3 keeps timing out on wifi or edge other than that everything is good

mylinuxbox no está en línea Stack level 3
    I cant view youtube videos on my BB.

I have upgraded to 4.5 and have an unlimited BB plan.

can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?