Can't upgrade the BB OS to version 4.5.0.69. After the loading Boot Rom system returns ... RIM Handheld OS forum

jrleny no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24b40cdf

Can't upgrade BB OS 4.5.0.69

Advertisement

Can't upgrade the BB OS to version 4.5.0.69. After the loading Boot Rom system returns a message A fatal error has occurred while updating the device software.

Anyone encounter this problem and are there any work arounds?

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Make sure you go into the C drive of your computer> progam files>common files>Reasrech in motion>App Loader> and delete Vendor Xml or somthing.

re-open the desktop manager and try again.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    4.5.0.69 is now available in BETA versions for the 8100, 8120, 8130, 8310, 8320 and 8330. Google "4.5.0.69" and you'll find it on various web sites.

Is your device usable, jrleny, and are you sure you downloaded the correct OS for YOUR device, which based upon your profile is the 8320 (this is confusing as you started this thread in the 88xx topic!)? You might end up wiping your device completely with jl_cmndr, but for now, start by deleting the device OS off your PC, download and install it again on the PC and try another upgrade.

Which version of Desktop Manager are you using? If you have 4.5 you might want to consider downgrading to 4.3. Uninstall the DM software through Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs, download the 4.3 version of DM, reboot your PC and then try the upgrade again.

Don't forget to delete the vendor.xml file after you've downloaded and installed the 4.5 device OS onto your PC!

Hope this helps!

Roger

::EDIT:: The .69 OS release is not for all the devices above. Sorry for the confusion. Some of those devices use the .66 release, but there is a .69 available now for the 8320.
    Last edited by RogerG; 08-04-2008 at 03:58 PM.

DiamondD2506 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    *Ask*
    Ok i am about to upgrade from .55 to .69.....lets see what the difference is
    *CLASSY, not TRASHY*

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB
    Quote Originally Posted by jrleny View Post
    Can't upgrade the BB OS to version 4.5.0.69. After the loading Boot Rom system returns a message A fatal error has occurred while updating the device software.

try these 2 links. worked for me when I bricked mine.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ead.php?t=5178

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/blog.php?b=197

good luck. be patient

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    4.5.0.69 is now available in BETA versions for the 8100, 8120, 8130, 8310, 8320 and 8330. Google "4.5.0.69" and you'll find it on various web sites.
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 08-05-2008 at 05:34 PM. Reason: format edit

jrleny no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24b40cdf
    Problem Solved.

Problem was with the USB port. RIM is sending a replacement device and I was eventually able to get 4.5.0.69 installed.

This by far is the best release yet. Memory stays very consistent around 18 to 20 Megs. My Blackberry Messenger Contacts are no longer deleted on a device reboot. Better app switching. Great Internet Performance via WiFi. UMA is nice nad stable (perhaps a bit weaker then .55)

My USB port is no longer functioning so I hope the replacement gets here within the next day or so. Otherwise I have to use another device to charge the battery.

DaThunder no está en línea Stack level 3
    I ran into update problems, mainly because I wanted to use Desktop Manager 4.2, the phone died in the middle of the install process, but after upgrading DM, the install worked perfectly, still UMA is beating me up, it hasn't worked properly since I purchased the curve.

DiamondD2506 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    *Ask*
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondD2506 View Post
    Ok i am about to upgrade from .55 to .69.....lets see what the difference is

Things seem to be running faster and smoother....no interruptions when switching between EDGE and UMA
    *CLASSY, not TRASHY*

JjcampNR no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by DaThunder View Post
    I ran into update problems, mainly because I wanted to use Desktop Manager 4.2, the phone died in the middle of the install process, but after upgrading DM, the install worked perfectly, still UMA is beating me up, it hasn't worked properly since I purchased the curve.
    Yup, you need DM 4.3+ to do the OS upgrade to 4.5.
    Device: 8100c / Apps: 4.5.0.69 / Platform: 2.7.0.72

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Hope ur wife don't clobber you for ignoring her so long while you're "absorbed" with your little "obsession". Ha

Wilfred no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2138A139
    Quote Originally Posted by jrleny View Post

Any big difference from 4.5.0.55 ? I just upgrade mine and got some extras like video recording i dint have before.

Let me know, I like 69 number ;p