So far the past few hours i haven't been able to send any mms messages ... RIM Handheld OS forum

bowser91 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Can't send mms after upgrade ??

Advertisement

So far the past few hours i haven't been able to send any mms messages but i can receive them ? it worked yesterday but today i upgraded to 4.5.0.55. Is there any known issues with mms on 4.5.0.55?

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    I had the same issue with receiving emails from my isp email server after an OS upgrade on my wife's pearl. I could send but I couldn't receive.

Finally I simply removed all the service books then did a battery pull, re-registered and re-sent the service books. Then I did another battery pull, started her back up and voila, all was right with the world. I am not sure the same will work for MMS but I'd try anything once.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05
    i'm having the same issue so Im gonna give it a try myself
    Looking for new buddies. Add me pin# 3115EE05

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05
    i upgraded my 8300 to a different carriers version of 4.5. I had the same issues and the problem you are axperiencing. The issue is that your carrier needs to republish the service for the new version incorperating the new features that the new OS uses. Otherwise your going to have the same problems i had with MMS recieve only, internet bad gateway errors and such. I would give your carrier a little time as I am sure they sorting out. Think of it this way, the service books are what tell the phone how to use the network. The service books in turn are written to take full advantage of the features of the firmware. if you have a mismatch then you get some ambiguis errors. I ended up downgraded back to my carriers 4.2 and all worked as advertised.
    Looking for new buddies. Add me pin# 3115EE05