OK, I'm a newbie to Blackberry's, but this doesn't make sense. I've got a Curve ... RIM Handheld OS forum

BBDon no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Camera can't view pictures on SD card

Advertisement

OK, I'm a newbie to Blackberry's, but this doesn't make sense. I've got a Curve 8310 with AT&T and added a 2GB microSD for pictures and whatever. The camera senses the SD card and prompts to store pictures there and I say yes. So now when I take a picture and save it, it stores to the SD card. From the camera menu when I select View Pictures it takes me to the BB internal storage, not the SD card. There doesn't seem to be a way to navigate to the SD card. Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.

-- Don

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Did you format the SD card before you began using it? If not, thats probably why.

If you didn't, before you try to format it, connect your phone to your PC and say "yes" to "Do you want to enable Mass Storage". (don't check the box that says "don't ask again") See if you can copy the pics from your SD card down to your PC.

Format your SD card after that, and you should be good to go.

Welcome to the Stacks!
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

kenvan60 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f4e3a6
    video, then up, then pictures
    Last edited by kenvan60; 06-10-2008 at 08:42 PM.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Quote Originally Posted by kenvan60 View Post
    you don't go topictures...click on video then you'll see the memory card
    If he's looking for pictures, the mem card should show up under the pictures icon in the media menu--if the SD card has been formatted properly.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Thanks LaTuFu,

I didn't format the SD, but with it installed and connected it shows up in Windows Explorer as Removable Disk and I can move files to and from. It does have the BB folder and media sub-folders on it as well.

Do you think I still need to format it?

-- Don

Update-----

I wasn't using the Media folder from the Home Screen. When I did and selected pictures it displayed both internal and SD files. Then when I launched the camera from the side button (forget what it's called) and selected view pictures, now I can see the SD card.

Strange behavior, but working now. Thanks, you fixed it!!!! or fixed me???

-- Don