I was looking into my calendar to see how many old appointments were saved. I ... RIM Handheld OS forum

BCoop8184 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32B12DA7

Calendar Appointments

Advertisement

I was looking into my calendar to see how many old appointments were saved. I have 2 questions. First, do old appointments take up an excessive amount of memory, or is it a minimal amount? Second, how do you set how long to keep old appointments? The help page says to set the "keep appointments" field in calendar options yet I don't see this option. Anyone have any advice for me? Thanks so much.
    Last edited by BCoop8184; 12-22-2006 at 05:52 PM.

dolphinrich no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3048e0cb
    I have 8703 in a Domino/Bes environment. Under Calendar > Options you should see "Keep Appointments" and can set to 15, 30, 60, 90 days or forever. Should be listed right about "Wireless Synchronization"

If you are using Desktop Manager software there are settings in there as well. You can set range of days.

Old Calendar entries should not take up much space.. It is minimal. Should definetly not impact the 64mb 8703.

Hope this helps. Happy Holidays to all.

bbcat no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2835A200
    I have the 7290 and thus far my calender data extended as far back as 4 years, and I dont see the bb acting any slower and/or running out of mem. Hope this will reassure you!!
    blackberrycat
    "Do the Right Thing, Make your Mother Proud"

afterburner no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    Same here, I have 3 years worth of calendar data and I dont have any problem. I started with BB 7510, then transferred the data to BB 7520, just not too long ago, I transferred the data to BB 8703e. I noticed that every time when I get new BlackBerry, the device runs faster and faster... so that's good thing.
    The AfterBURNER

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Calendar Appointments

I have an 8100, I don't have the field that says "Keep appointments" is it hidden how do I change it to save appointments forever?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Well, my Pearl still has appointments from before I bought my first BB, so It keeps them a long time. I don't know how to change the setting but I don't see any problem with it keeping my as long as my Outlook keeps them. And that's all I really want.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

jgreen no está en línea Stack level 1

My old 8100 had that option. My new one didn't. When I transferred the data from my old phone to my new phone it added that setting under calendar options to the new phone.

I learned if you get a new Blackberry that has the "keep appointments" settings set to 60 days as a default setting, you need to change it to "forever" before data transfer as the past calendar dates will be lost.