How can I get files (pictures, music etc) transferred to my 8707g? Bluetooth is on, ... RIM Handheld OS forum

Donlanc no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Bluetooth file transfer?

Advertisement

How can I get files (pictures, music etc) transferred to my 8707g? Bluetooth is on, it is paired to my pc (Windows XP) but claims not to have suitable services. This is also the case from my regular cellphone. Ideas please?

shayind4 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Bluetooth file transfer?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Hi. BB bluetooth is currently able to work with bluetooth ear piece for voice. It's unable to transfer files or data at this time. Hopefully, that will change soon.

accio5 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by shayind4 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Hi. BB bluetooth is currently able to work with bluetooth ear piece for voice. It's unable to transfer files or data at this time. Hopefully, that will change soon.

well actually my pearl can file transfer. i send to my bro and i receive from my other cell.

dcguy9 no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~wait I have tried to transfer with other cell phones and sometimes I can send but hardly ever and I mean never do I get a chance to receive using Bluetooth it always says service not supported why?

devilsadidas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

to be able to send files using bluetooth with a blackberry you have to:

1. through the bluetooth menu, pair the blackberry to the phone(as if it were a headset)
    2. on the blackberry, goto the pics/vids/music/ringtones folder and then into my pics/vids/etc, in the options tell the bby to receive a pic/vid/etc
    3. now from the phone with the pics, goto what every you want to send and send via bluetooth. you may want to make sure the 8707 has os 4.2 as i'm not sure it works with os 4.1

for security reasons, probably, it acts a lot like a motorola

from the pc:
    1. make sure all software necessary is running for the bluetooth.
    2. make sure you have the latest version of the desktop software.
    3. use the cable.
    Last edited by devilsadidas; 01-24-2008 at 02:39 PM. Reason: better word choice