I have been using my blackberry for 2 months and it has been working perfectly ... RIM Handheld OS forum

faisals no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry wont start

Advertisement

I have been using my blackberry for 2 months and it has been working perfectly fine. I got it from T mobile and just 2 days ago i loaded the lastest OS update from T mobile 4.2.0.64 and when i woke up this morning the blackberry displays an hour glass than screen goes out and the red light comes up and this keeps happening in a cycle. I have tried taking out the battery but when put the battery back in same thing happens. I'm currently abroad therefore cannot even goto tmobile help. I've tried connecting it to the computer but it detects for a second and than doesnt. This also happens in a cycle so i cann't wipe held. Can anyone help?

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Blackberry wont start

try starting the app loader first then connecting you bb, see if that will allow it to sych with the dm and reload the os
    Felipe Diaz

BB Bold 9700 (AT&T)

I tried that. Now the hour glass doesn't even appear anymore and the red light flashes 2x and after erasing all data, when it tries to recognize the device it gives a: A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.
    Device communications error encountered. [A:0x0000000E]

I have also tried to wipe it by using java loader, but it gives unable to open port.

PLease help

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by faisals
    I tried that. Now the hour glass doesn't even appear anymore and the red light flashes 2x and after erasing all data, when it tries to recognize the device it gives a: A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.
    Device communications error encountered. [A:0x0000000E]

I have also tried to wipe it by using java loader, but it gives unable to open port.

PLease help
    Faisals, it looks like you may have to follow this procedure to start from scratch: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._step_fix.html. I'm not sure if you can do that from where you are, but you may want to try. It should also cover any issues you have with the computer not recognizing your BB. Let us know how you progress.

I have already tried the java commander. When i try to wipe the device it says unable to open port. Also, if i try other commands like deviceinfo, or anything it says unable to open port. Any help? The computer does detect the device when it is plugged into USB port, but the destop manager does not connect to it, and when the APP loader tries to install the program it gives the communication error mentioned above.

rahulnadem no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi,

I am also experiencing simillar issue with my BB pearl..
    Have your BB working again ? Is it a hardware problem related power IC?

Any inputs will help me...

THanks

Rahul