Newbie BB question: Have had a new Pearl that I'm loving! (Came from a Treo ... RIM Handheld OS forum

jbpenney no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24040D4A

Question Blackberry Pearl OS Wipe Recommended?

Advertisement

Newbie BB question: Have had a new Pearl that I'm loving! (Came from a Treo 650, and will never go back.) Question: I've installed and uninstalled a lot of 3rd party apps. A couple of 3rd party apps give me errors in certain situations (e.g. BBCorrector 1.2.2 gives me an error when I'm spell checking memos, but not email: Uncaught Exception: net.rim.device.api.system.objectGroupReadlOnlyExce ption); does it make sense, since I've installed and uninstalled apps to demo, for me to backup the Berry, wipe the OS completely, then reinstall the OS to "clean out" any tainted preferences that might have been left behind on app uninstall?

This would typically help an Windows Mobile device by cleaning the registry out; would this help the Berry too... does it have a registry-like stack that needs to cleaned out by re-installing the system every once and awhile. Can anybody help with this?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    You might want to do a Cold Reboot (Battery Out, wait 15-30 sec, Battery Back in), periodically, but if your BB is not throwing constant errors, I wouldn't do a Wipe just yet.

Just my thoughts, but I don't think it's necessary.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

jbpenney no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24040D4A
    Thanks. Errors are only intermittant and seem to be application related, so I'll stand by before performing open heart. Appeciate the help.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~