Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

So just one person has UMA so far? Anyone else?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~... RIM Handheld OS forum

stranjal7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    #ASK#

Advertisement

So just one person has UMA so far? Anyone else?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

nastyboy2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    the only other thing that i did that may have helped me get my uma back was under the help section at mobile.blackberry.com. i followed the instructions for troubleshooting uma problems. pull up the page on your bb and click on help and then click on hotspot@home(uma) is not working. then click on the install root certificate and the install trust certificate then reboot.
    HotSpot @Home (UMA) Troubleshooting

If you recently restored data from your previous BlackBerry® smartphone to your new BlackBerry® Curve™ 8320 smartphone, HotSpot @Home (UMA) might not work as expected and your device may not be able to make a UMA connection. In this case, you won’t be able to make voice calls over Wi-Fi, and you won’t see “UMA” displayed on the home screen. To resolve this issue follow the instructions below to install new root and trust certificates. Here are additional ways to determine if your device has this problem.

Instructions:

• When you are prompted, click OK and Yes.
    • When you are prompted to enter a password, type "blackberry".

1. To install the root certificate:
    • Click Install Root Certificate.
    • Next, click the "Import" button and follow the instructions on the screen. When prompted, choose to trust the certificate.
    • When complete, and you only see a "View" button on the screen, press the Escape key to return to this page.

2. To install the trust certificate:
    • Click Install Trust Certificate.
    • Next, click the "Import" button and follow the instructions on the screen.
    • When complete, and you only see a "View" button on the screen, press the Escape key to return to this page.

3. Remove and reinsert the battery to reset your device.

Please note: To avoid this problem in the future, if you need to restore from a backup of an older BlackBerry device, use Advanced Backup and Restore, and de-select the “Handheld Key Store” and “Trusted Key Store” databases.
    Last edited by nastyboy2; 05-23-2008 at 11:24 PM.

JonFuego no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by nastyboy2 View Post
    the only other thing that i did that may have helped me get my uma back was under the help section at mobile.blackberry.com. i followed the instructions for troubleshooting uma problems. pull up the page on your bb and click on help and then click on hotspot@home(uma) is not working. then click on the install root certificate and the install trust certificate then reboot.
    I have tried that as well, even went as far as deleting and reinstalling both certificates.... Still no UMA for me.

Are you using a H@H router?
    Last edited by JonFuego; 05-24-2008 at 12:54 AM.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    i have turned off wifi and turned it back on. it drops back to EDGE and it takes about a minute to get back to UMA. it seems to take a little longer than it did with .18
    Are you sure you have the .37? Can you post a screen shot?

PIN/ID
    3319688f
    HotSpot @Home (UMA) Troubleshooting

If you recently restored data from your previous BlackBerry® smartphone to your new BlackBerry® Curve™ 8320 smartphone, HotSpot @Home (UMA) might not work as expected and your device may not be able to make a UMA connection. In this case, you won’t be able to make voice calls over Wi-Fi, and you won’t see “UMA” displayed on the home screen. To resolve this issue follow the instructions below to install new root and trust certificates. Here are additional ways to determine if your device has this problem.

Instructions:

• When you are prompted, click OK and Yes.
    • When you are prompted to enter a password, type "blackberry".

1. To install the root certificate:
    • Click Install Root Certificate.
    • Next, click the "Import" button and follow the instructions on the screen. When prompted, choose to trust the certificate.

2. To install the trust certificate:
    • Click Install Trust Certificate.
    • Next, click the "Import" button and follow the instructions on the screen.

3. Remove and reinsert the battery to reset your device.

Please note: To avoid this problem in the future, if you need to restore from a backup of an older BlackBerry device, use Advanced Backup and Restore, and de-select the “Handheld Key Store” and “Trusted Key Store” databases.
    My certificates are installed and still no UMA. You probably have .18 installed not .37

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    yeah im still not seeing any solution for any of this
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74
    Someone posted somewhere, that they didnt have it the first 24 hrs, and woke up and it was working. Wonder if its a multiple battery pull issue? Or just something that the device has to figure out on its own....

Im praying for you fella's.. a solution is on the way...
    Ugh, couldnt think of anything to change it to.

PIN/ID
    3319688f
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge View Post
    yeah im still not seeing any solution for any of this
    I just don't get it, how can .18 have the UMA working and .37 which is the latest OS version doesn't can't establish a UMA connection.

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    i wish i had a little more insight from RIM and T-Mobile
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

nastyboy2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by JonFuego View Post
    I have tried that as well, even went as far as deleting and reinstalling both certificates.... Still no UMA for me.

Are you using a H@H router?
    i have charter 10mb and a netgear 108mbps router. all i have is the bis plan, no minute package.
    Last edited by nastyboy2; 05-24-2008 at 05:28 AM.

niran77@hotmail no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e74768
    its been a while that we have been hearing the buzz...i can't wait to have the new OS on my phone. it's just that this waiting is bit painful....

PIN/ID
    3319688f
    Quote Originally Posted by niran77@hotmail View Post
    its been a while that we have been hearing the buzz...i can't wait to have the new OS on my phone. it's just that this waiting is bit painful....
    I'm hangin' in there

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Quote Originally Posted by flash24 View Post
    I just don't get it, how can .18 have the UMA working and .37 which is the latest OS version doesn't can't establish a UMA connection.
    .18's uma didnt work for me.

PIN/ID
    3319688f
    .18's uma didnt work for me.
    Are you serious?? UMA works great in .18 on my 8320, same with my brother's.

XBGM3R no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241EDEFC
    Wow. That's pretty sweet. Where did you see that at?
    Yeah its from www.blackberrycool.com..