Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Zim have you thought about going to starbucks with .37? I never thought of that, ... RIM Handheld OS forum

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Advertisement

Zim have you thought about going to starbucks with .37? I never thought of that, but if you can do so. See if you can get UMA there.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Starbucks has TMO Hot spot. You need to pay for wireless there.

At least thats how it is by me.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by pda.teck View Post
    You have the router set so it will work with B G and N right? the BB willnot work on N only. THe other thing to try is a TMO Hostpot at a Starbucks or something like that. If it works there it is not the Phone, if it doesn't it could be the phone or the SIM
    It's the OS and Tmobile. I was at a hotspot yesterday replacing a SIM card that blew up from the 4.5.0.37 upgrade and I had no UMA connection there either. It's still early for this OS and tmobile's system doesn't like US right now! Lol it's still a keeper though. Just up your minutes for right now lol

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have seen UMA work on a bb without the new os, while not working on an 8320 with the new OS. Same router, no changes to it.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by melissaox View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have seen UMA work on a bb without the new os, while not working on an 8320 with the new OS. Same router, no changes to it.
    what model number was this.....if it works for 1 then it should be the same for the other unless there is an error in the OS. It in theory should be accepted by Tmobile just the same.

ps...I'm not questioning you in disbelief although it comes across rude. I didn't mean for it to sound this way lol

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Well we all know its the OS. That's the final word. Its the OS. So only a few things can be done with this issue one flash back to the 4.2 os. Or just srick it out. Your settings are fine. I don't think by changing ports will resolve the issue.

I'm also thinking that it could also be T-Mobile doing it to us. I rememberwhen the 8700g first came out I was given one by the company to test out and learn about. Well when it came time to return them I looked at my device which was not on the BES and everything was returned to factory settings. All applications that I downloaded were erased. All settings were reset all my ringtones were delted everything. Soif they can do that then they could get our UMA or our SIM cards. via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    Starbucks has TMO Hot spot. You need to pay for wireless there.

At least thats how it is by me.
    starbucks and Tmobile have hotspot and I havent had to pay for it. I even called and as long as you get a UMA signal while your there its available internet. Now if you dont have the @home feature then it will count as Minutes if your calling but the internet is there to use.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge View Post
    Well we all know its the OS. That's the final word. Its the OS. So only a few things can be done with this issue one flash back to the 4.2 os. Or just srick it out. Your settings are fine. I don't think by changing ports will resolve the issue.

I'm also thinking that it could also be T-Mobile doing it to us. I rememberwhen the 8700g first came out I was given one by the company to test out and learn about. Well when it came time to return them I looked at my device which was not on the BES and everything was returned to factory settings. All applications that I downloaded were erased. All settings were reset all my ringtones were delted everything. Soif they can do that then they could get our UMA or our SIM cards. via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I agree 100%

No UMA until it is released by tmobile.....I think I will keep the OS.. it's still giving me goose bumps hehehehe

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Quote Originally Posted by ziminvades View Post
    starbucks and Tmobile have hotspot and I havent had to pay for it. I even called and as long as you get a UMA signal while your there its available internet. Now if you dont have the @home feature then it will count as Minutes if your calling but the internet is there to use.
    You are right. Now t-mobile will be losing starbucks and they are going to at&t hotspots but t-mobile customers right now don't have to pay for It

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    whattttttt!!!!!!!! no way.......shut up........get out of here!

Star(get you hooked and take your money)bucks is being hosted by AT(get you hooked and take your money)&T?

that's strange. never thought the 2 had sonething in common

XBGM3R no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241EDEFC

For all 8000 series!!

I don't have to typing this. but you can look at pictures expose your mind have a thousand words of images.. Heheh..

Isn't that thrill?

ConstantineXVI no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244EB7DA
    Quote Originally Posted by ziminvades View Post
    whattttttt!!!!!!!! no way.......shut up........get out of here!

Star(get you hooked and take your money)bucks is being hosted by AT(get you hooked and take your money)&T?

that's strange. never thought the 2 had sonething in common
    Yeah, AT&T is going to start operating Starbucks' hotspots, but part of the deal says that they still have to let T-Mobile UMA customers through for some time. Sorry, I don't have the exact details handy.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    I was being nice. I wasn't sure if that's what he was talking about.

Sorry it just came off as kind of rough for a new person, to me anyway and it turns out we were both wrong as to what they were looking for, It is a RIM trade up for phones, where you send in your old phone and based on its condition they give you a price break on an Upgrade.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Summer '08 is a long time still...lol. But I am glad its definitely before September!
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

wassona no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2439fbe3
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    Summer '08 is a long time still...lol. But I am glad its definitely before September!
    Summer '08 isnt thaaaaaaaat far away. If we keep getting release candidates and keep putting our heads together we may end up not needing the official version