I purchased a used blackberry from a Tmobile customer, I've had the device a little ... RIM Handheld OS forum

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Thumbs down Blackberry Dream Turned Into Nightmare!

Advertisement

I purchased a used blackberry from a Tmobile customer, I've had the device a little less than a month it was working fine. I even followed the instructions posted on this site and upgraded the OS to 4.1. Yesterday my blackberry starting showing "No Service" then it would pick up a signal for a while and then "NO Service" again. After talking with tmobile blackberry techs they had me downgrade to the tmobile supported OS system 4.02 but my blackberry is still doing the same thing no matter where I go sometimes it holds a signal for a long time then it'll say no service and I can't do anything. It'll pick the signal back up when it's ready to. Can anyone help me? I just received the new housing kit from BB Repair Shop. I paid $150 and $50 for the housing kit and battery cover. My blackberry now looks new and works like a piece of junk! Help somebody please!!!!!!!!!!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Blackberry Dream Turned Into Nightmare!

I had this happen with my first 7100t. It just dropped signal completely. All I could do was call tmobile for a replacement because all signal towers were fine and there were no problems with service. It was just my BB.

Smile Re: Blackberry Dream Turned Into Nightmare!

It's been holding the signal for sometime now I know it's the BB! But I just made a $200 investment for less than a month. If anyone knows someone selling a 7290 very cheap let me know! I'm a full time student my money has to be spent wisely!!! Now I'm a blackberry addict, I love this device! Tmobile is selling the thing for $300.00, WOOH! Let's see how much more life I can get out of this one! How do you get the device back to factory default? Is there a hard reset that sets it to factory settings?

Does anyone know if those battery booster antenna's they sell in stores work? The one that you stick it near the battery of your device? Walgreens had one for $9.99 couldn't give up that much, I've seen then in dollar stores for a buck!

Here's how to wipe the device:

1. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, double-click Intellisync, and then click Auto start... .
    2. Make sure the only option checked is Update handheld's date and time.
    3. Click OK, then click Close.
    After completing the steps below, if you want to synchronize your BlackBerry again, make sure to reselect the auto start options you deselected above, or your device will continue to only update the date and time when cradled.
    To clear personal data from your BlackBerry, follow the directions below:
    1. Cradle your device.
    2. If the BlackBerry you are clearing is not the one you are currently using, you will see a Redirector Settings pop-up that says your email account is set up to use a different device and asking if you want to change it to work with this device. Click No.
    3. Double-click Application Loader, then click Next.
    4. If prompted, enter your password.
    5. On the Handheld Application Selection screen, click Next.
    6. You will see the message "No actions are required." Click Advanced. If you have an 850 or 950 series device, click Next on the Handheld Storage Allocation screen.
    7. On the Handheld Data Preservation screen, click to check Erase all application data. Click Next.
    8. On the Application Data Backup screen, select Do not automatically back up and restore the handheld application data during the loading process. Click Next.
    9. Click Finish. Make sure you do not remove the handheld from the cradle until the clearing process is finished.

I haven't tried a signal booster yet.

Thank YOU SO MUCH! You have been very helpful! I will follow your instructions! I Love my Blackberry and this FORUM! PINSTACK!!!!! HURRAY!!!

Let me know how it works and if it does, re-register on your wireless network by doing the following: Options>Settings>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>Register Now. This will re-register your BB on the network, and restore your Browser, Set Up Internet Email and Download Fun icons. I just did this earlier for another Stacker.

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    I have tried the antenna booster when I had the V300 series moto phone did not notice a significant difference I signal! Sometimes the problem is with the Carrier! A couple of times I did not hey any mail for about 8 hours and called TMO they kept insisting that there is no problems in my area, I asked to speak to a supervisor and sure enough after about 15 mins they told me a tower was down in a neighboring town and that seems to be causing the problem I was having! They said they figured customers in my area should not be affected! Or maybe something wrong with the SIM card its a long shot but try all angle before throwing in the towel! Good luck!

Thanks! It worked great! Cleared out the software I backed up some of my data files before clearing everything, but my device is still dropping the network signal this morning. Yesterday evening it held the signal for over 6 hours with no problem. This is the disadvantage of purchasing a used device. A $150 investment for something that worked properly for less than a month. Woe is Me! I guess I'll take my tmobile V180 with me just in case I can't get a signal and need to make a call, I'll just pop in the sim card. If anyone hears of any deals on a blackberry it doesn't have to be a 7290 let me know! PLEASE!!!!!! I'm addicted and can't go back to a regular cell phone, though I have a couple of them at least. DESPERATELY IN NEED OF BLACKBERRY!

I also switched out my sims card into another cell phone kept the signal fine, put my moms sim card in my blackberry was still losing the signal. Eliminated the possibility of the sim card being the problem. Definitely the device.

Thanks!

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...splay.php?f=15 Try this section. I also have a T-Mobile 7730 I'm looking to get rid of in the near future but right now I don't have a way to ship it and it only has the original battery, carrying case and cradle. I found the software cd and manuals that came with my 7105t if it can be used with the 7730. I also don't think there's an OS upgrade for it yet. It will also need a new SIM card. I haven't been successful in taking out the one that's in the phone lol U may have to take it to tmobile once u get it.

Update: I found a 2nd inactive SIM card if the one already in the phone does not work. Also, I don't know what I did with the original box the 7730 came in, but if u don't mind me shipping it in the box my 7105t came in, I can send it.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 04-15-2006 at 05:54 AM.

Erica,

I am interested in purchasing the 7730, let me know your asking price. What is the problem with shipping? Maybe I can arrange something from my end. Looking forward to your response.

Can't get to a post office due to being in bed from surgery recently but I live at home with my parents so I can have one of them mail it to you. Hadn't determined a price for it yet but what will be the most u can afford? I know how expensive college can be.