Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Found this while browsing....all credit goes to rivviepop for coming up with this OS checker!! ... RIM Handheld OS forum

c3po25 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    212D4E69

Thumbs up Blackberry Device OS Checker

Advertisement

Found this while browsing....all credit goes to rivviepop for coming up with this OS checker!! Enjoy everybody!!

As most new BlackBerry owners come to find out, you can run pretty much any operating system release from any carrier on your device without too many problems. This user-friendly aspect of the devices not only allows the early adopters to use new releases, but also allows the use of “known good / stable” releases that the community recommends as well as allowing the installation of different languages that may not be released by your carrier (for instance using Chinese on a T-Mobile USA device).
    A small pain in the tuckus, though, is searching for OS releases from all the carriers for your device. Here’s a little bit of code you can run on your own PHP and cURL enabled webserver.

There’s not a whole lot of beauty to this type of code; it simply sucks in webpages, parses them for content, and sucks in more webpages based on that content - lather, rinse, repeat. All you need to really worry about is if your PHP is cURL-enabled or not; most modern linux distros are fine, but check yours.
    Download: http://rivviepop.freehostia.com/code/ (click on ZIP file to download)
    Operation could not be simpler - bring up the main page and it will look something like this:

Simply enter your device model (the 8300 is shown above as an example) and Search. You will start to get output like so:

…and that’s it! If you see something you like, click on the provided link to that carrier and you’ll go through the normal download procedure.
    NOTE: this code is sensitive to the HTML code used by RIM - should it change, this script will break a little.

PIN/ID
    212D4E69

Re: Blackberry Device OS Checker

I just downloaded and tried on my browser and didn't have any luck....hope some of you have better luck than I did

BusterJames no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2422753A

Doesn't work for me either.

PIN/ID
    212D4E69

sorry guys....I thought it was something useful that would have been great.....maybe I'm doing something wrong...:cry:

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3

You need to upload it to a server running linux/unix/etc and access it via the web browser.

I installed this on my server and I have to say it is VERY slow to check the other providers.... It does appear to work though. Give it a try: http://www.avella.name/bboschecker.php
    Last edited by tavella81; 11-22-2007 at 11:11 PM.

PIN/ID
    212D4E69

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Well, that makes more sense...thanks for the info!!

penpower no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by tavella81 View Post
    You need to upload it to a server running linux/unix/etc and access it via the web browser.

I installed this on my server and I have to say it is VERY slow to check the other providers.... It does appear to work though. Give it a try: http://www.avella.name/bboschecker.php

Thank you very much for doing that for us. found a new one for my 8820. thanks again.

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

An idea that has been LONG coming. thanks a lot (slow or not).

(And thank you tavella81 for posting it on your server)

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Only issue I found is that this only searches the OS versions on blackberry.com for the carriers which isn't all carriers. Verizon and Sprint have their own locations for hosting their OS and just happens to be the most recent versions for my 8830.

That's ok though. Glad to have this at my disposal.

PIN/ID
    212D4E69

Quote Originally Posted by tavella81 View Post

Thanks for installing this on your server. it's very useful and although it takes a little time, but it also saves to having to search them individually.

boiseguy83 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2405956B

We need this program for BIS.

penpower no está en línea Stack level 3

Mod, please make this sticky

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

This is great, thanks!

audit no está en línea BES Guru
    PIN/ID
    ASK

I tried to install the php file on my webserver that run's php, FreeBSD 6.2, and over 100 sites, no go on it.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: curl_init() in pathonmyserver/check/bboschecker.php on line 48
    audit
    -
    Want to be the one of first people to know about RIM outages? Visit http://www.dataoutages.com

audit no está en línea BES Guru
    PIN/ID
    ASK

NM, I just didn't have curl support compiled in PHP, I'll just use it on another host for now.
    audit
    -
    Want to be the one of first people to know about RIM outages? Visit http://www.dataoutages.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast