Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Originally Posted by mccx33 I appreciate your suggestion. BUT, I was able to fix my ... RIM Handheld OS forum

slideaway no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by mccx33 View Post
    I appreciate your suggestion. BUT, I was able to fix my problem and I am now running this 4.5 without any problems.

What I did was backup my BB and I backed up my Micro SD Card.

After doing that I completely wiped my BB with the JL Cmdr (whatever its called) program.

Once I wiped it I reinstalled the OS 4.5 After that restored my BB with the info I backed up, and I did the same for my Micro SD Card.

After taking these procedures, OS 4.5 is able to run flawlessly on my BB 8800. And I am in love! Lol.
    Interesting that you mention backing up the SD Card too.

I didn't have an issue with 4.5 until I accessed the SD card for the first time (2GB non-HD). After that it started the restart loop.

I've reverted back to 4.2 but may give 4.5 another shot, adding a backup in there as use mentioned.

mccx33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215b70b5
    Yes, I also realized that accessing my SD card was causing my phone to reboot.
    ...& that's pretty much it!

Gusndr no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2514177A
    thx mccx33, i'll follow ur steps and give it another shot.

I'd also like to add that I did setup enterprise activation with my device but that didn't appear to cause the restarts. Still think its the memory slot.

Side note: on the BES with 4.2 OS is states the device has 64Mb of memory, with 4.5 is shows 67Mb. Nice of RIM to boast my memory by 3 Megs. Not sure how that works but I guess I should say thank you?

I'm gonna try 4.5 again and will post my results.

jerome521 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hi,
    I just finished installing the OS 4.5 on my CDMA 8830 and I got an error message when I attempted to update the OS using Desktop Manager. Of course, I have deleted the vendor.xml before I launched Desktop manager. Below is the message I received:

The application "Blackberry PGP email Library" cannot be loaded, because it requires the following applications that are not available:

net.rim.platform.ecmascript

Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks...

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Im gonna give 4.5 a shot on my tmo 8800...and do all the steps...hats off to everyone who REALLY went the extra mile to solve the problem and posting for others so we also can enjoy 4.5...those who have tmo and installed on 8800 may i ask what differances the 4.5 made?

cab4564 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31905B5B
    Quote Originally Posted by jerome521 View Post
    Hi,
    I just finished installing the OS 4.5 on my CDMA 8830 and I got an error message when I attempted to update the OS using Desktop Manager. Of course, I have deleted the vendor.xml before I launched Desktop manager. Below is the message I received:

The application "Blackberry PGP email Library" cannot be loaded, because it requires the following applications that are not available:

net.rim.platform.ecmascript

Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks...
    So let me get this straight, you actually installed the new OS on your 8830, or you tried to? The reason I am asking is because this OS is only for GSM 8800 series phones and will not work on a cdma phone and definitely not another phone in the 88xx seriesm did you find a way around this? Thanks on advance for the reply.

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Quote Originally Posted by cab4564 View Post
    So let me get this straight, you actually installed the new OS on your 8830, or you tried to? The reason I am asking is because this OS is only for GSM 8800 series phones and will not work on a cdma phone and definitely not another phone in the 88xx seriesm did you find a way around this? Thanks on advance for the reply.
    I'm looking right now and there definetly is an OS 4.5 beta for 8830 (4.5.0 Bundle 48) available

cab4564 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31905B5B
    Quote Originally Posted by kieranwest View Post
    I'm looking right now and there definetly is an OS 4.5 beta for 8830 (4.5.0 Bundle 48) available
    if its legal could you tell me where you found it if it is legit, if not pin me and i will be the guinea pig. i need an excuse to get a bold if i brick it anyway!

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    help! those who installed said it took bout 45 min to install>>>>is that the time it takes ur comp to fill the bar from left to right?? or how long my phone will have a blank screen with red light on??
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Quote Originally Posted by slideaway View Post
    I'd also like to add that I did setup enterprise activation with my device but that didn't appear to cause the restarts. Still think its the memory slot.

Side note: on the BES with 4.2 OS is states the device has 64Mb of memory, with 4.5 is shows 67Mb. Nice of RIM to boast my memory by 3 Megs. Not sure how that works but I guess I should say thank you?

I'm gonna try 4.5 again and will post my results.

Reloaded with 4.5 again, no sd card, and everything worked great. I had to change the SMS Text 'Network to Send Over' to CS from PS for those to work. Other than that everything was going great, no reboots or anything, until I put my SD card back in. Like old times the thing just got in a reboot cycle and wouldn't quick. I'm going back to 4.2 since I do you my SD freq for music.

mccx33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215b70b5
    sideaway you should reformat your SD. Thats what I did first, and Im problem free. ***(Backing the SD up first of course)*** Its some work, but i think its all worth it.
    ...& that's pretty much it!

jerome521 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by cab4564 View Post
    i tried to install the 4.5 Beta OS on my existing 8830 CDMA phone but it didnt work. I will try updating my Desktop manager to version 4.3 to seeif that will work.

canson007 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Wow

Ok, if its allowed where is this file??? I am in Canada here and we have been waiting for the 4.5 version for the CDMA 8830's. Help a canuck out !!

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by canson007 View Post
    Ok, if its allowed where is this file??? I am in Canada here and we have been waiting for the 4.5 version for the CDMA 8830's. Help a canuck out !!
    It is against the rules to post links to unofficially released software, and unfortunetly I'm not allowed to help...Wish I could!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast