Hello, Last night I updated my 8230 to 5.0 I love the new features but ... RIM Handheld OS forum

Juggalette09 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Blackberry 8230 upgraded to 5.0 help!

Advertisement

Hello,

Last night I updated my 8230 to 5.0 I love the new features but there's a few things that doesn't work but maybe there's an answer to why... I have a verizon phone if that matters..

Blackberry Messenger 5.0 It says its on there... but no where to be found!!

Blackberry App World... says can't connect make sure your connected to the internet.. and closes out

Those are the two known problems so far!!! I know alot about blackberries but some reason I can't seem to find my way through this one!! I might just wipe the handheld and re-download 5.0
    - Juggalette09

--------------
    LG EnV3

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Have you looked in the apps and deleted and tried to reinstall? For BBmessenger try going to http://Blackberry.com/messenger from your device and download it from there. App world I am not sure of because I don't mess with it much.

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Have you looked in the apps and deleted and tried to reinstall? For BBmessenger try going to http://Blackberry.com/messenger from your device and download it from there. App world I am not sure of because I don't mess with it much.
    I just fully wiped my phone.... now I will see if anything is working.... I have to put everything back on that I had on my phone and see if that helps. We'll, it must not of fully deleted everything all of a sudden I started getting emails.... ! uh how confusing!

When, I go into Applications it says, Blackberry Messenger 5.0.0.33 downloaded Nov 24th but yet I can't find the damn thing!!! lol
    - Juggalette09

--------------
    LG EnV3

I downgraded to Blackberry Messenger 4.7 and it showed up, upgraded back to 5.0 and it dissappears! HA! I hooked up my phone through the desktop manager, and I can't seem to find where it has the upgrade, current and downgrade options... am I like totally missing something?? HA!

I wiped my phone, but yet it didn't seem to wipe completely! Since I still got emails coming through and stuff like that... who knows... I really love the SMS for the 5.0 and alot of the features, I just wish two things would work!

OH! before I forget! When I completely wiped it I got this nice popup said 1-5 things were unoperable, like phone, and a few other things, it said reboot now or later.... but now I can't even find where to downgrade back to 4.7 anyways... BLAH!
    - Juggalette09

--------------
    LG EnV3

Scratch that, blackberry messenger 5.0 FOUND! and works...
    - Juggalette09

--------------
    LG EnV3

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    5.0 and bbm5 take up a lot of memory on the older generation phones. Just be sure you have enough memory left for other things..

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    5.0 and bbm5 take up a lot of memory on the older generation phones. Just be sure you have enough memory left for other things..
    I actually deleted alot of useless things I don't use on my Flip... and I had about 12 themes on there even thought it didn't take up much room, now I only have 3... just incase I wanna change it up for awhile.. lol
    - Juggalette09

--------------
    LG EnV3

Tried to re-download App World... still doesn't work....
    - Juggalette09

--------------
    LG EnV3