I just installed 4.5 on my 8100 pearl and it is SICK! I didn't have ... RIM Handheld OS forum
06-12-2008, 11:36 PM
I just installed 4.5 on my 8100 pearl and it is SICK! I didn't have a single hitch either.
Easiest way to do it: Download Handheld Manager 4.3. Then download and install the 4.5 update for your phone. Delete the vendor.xml file, then hook your bb up to the computer and click on application loader of DM doesn't prompt you.
06-12-2008, 11:38 PM
~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
Lucky you, we did that and yet...nothing works. :`(
06-12-2008, 11:46 PM
Well, what problems are you running into? My process was like this:
1. Download and install DM 4.3.
2. Hook blackberry up and run a backup on phone.
3. Download and Install JL_cmder
4. Wipe BB using JL_cmder
5. Download and Install 4.5 OS update
6. Delete vendor.xml file
7. Pull battery out after phone is wiped. Hook up to computer and start DM.
8. Click on application loader
9. Because the battery is out, the computer may act like it cannot find the phone. Just click next to continue
10. DM should show the new 4.5 os update in the application list. Check the programs you want to install and click next/install
11. As soon as the DM begins the OS install (I believe it erases applications first) pop the battery back in. If you don't do it in time, then the install will fail.
12. Let DM install the OS update
13. After DM says it is done with the update, unplug the phone and wait patiently. The phone initialization will take FOREVER (mine took almost 15 mins).
14. After BB comes back to life, hook BB up to computer again and run Restore.
06-12-2008, 11:47 PM
I figured it out!!!! The reason why some of us are having trouble is because we deleted the wrong .xml file. Search your PC after installing it for vendor.xml. The file should pop up, delete it and you are ready to go. I think that the file is hiden and thats why. If you delete a file thatr says a lot of random letters like p3ouujs.xml or whatever, that is the wrong file!
06-12-2008, 11:51 PM
Yeah, don't delete anything other than the vendor.xml file, then the install will not work.
06-12-2008, 11:51 PM
As Mr. Burns would say... Exxxxxcellent.....
06-12-2008, 11:52 PM
The only thing that I did differently was that I deleted the old os .exe file (I.e 4.2.103 or what ever os you are upgrading from.it should look like the file that you download for the new os but with different version numbers, I hope this makes sense)I promise guys, if you can't get this tonight I will help tomorrow. I'm away from home tonight withour access to my pc.
06-13-2008, 12:19 AM
be sure to post any download/install issues in this thread
06-13-2008, 12:22 AM
why did you have to wipe the bb before installation?
Originally Posted by Fast240Z
i would only recommend that as a last resort for problems incurred or possibly DM not recognizing the upgrade.
06-13-2008, 12:37 AM
BY THE WAY! i did not delete my xml, BUT! i did d/l and us DM 4.3 to install, w/o media manager... took about a total of MAYBE 45 minutes...
06-13-2008, 01:22 AM
blueblood2k2, lol, you have been trying to get this to work just like me all day and we finaly got it to work!
06-13-2008, 01:42 AM
is this the same exact version as the beta that used to be out?
06-13-2008, 01:48 AM
Good question, is it?
Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man
06-13-2008, 02:24 AM
It's just something that I do out of habit now. I got my bb about a year ago, and I've been playing around with OS updates. For whatever reason, I just feel like a freshly wiped blackberry runs better than one that has been upgraded from one OS to another.
Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
Just my opinion though...I wanted to post what worked for me.
06-13-2008, 02:27 AM
Tags for this Thread