Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

ok the installation process has started, i hope all goes well.... but curiously, i was ... RIM Handheld OS forum

blueblood2k2 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

ok the installation process has started, i hope all goes well.... but curiously, i was looking at the "unrecognized files" that were being auto deleted, and i saw things like, voice notes, and a few other standard apps that came preloaded on my BB, any clue why?

Quote Originally Posted by Helmut View Post
    make sure you do a backup before hand and you can always reload the messages if it does erase them
    awesome, yeah i definitely backed it up, thanks, but the Q about the auto erased things....??

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Note:
    This is officially released for Vodaphone Germany 8100. It can also be installed on other 8100 BlackBerry smartphones from other carriers, however your carrier and RIM does not offer support for alternate carrier OS upgrades. Unless you are an advanced user it is recommended to wait for the official release from your carrier.

See Upgrade instructions
    (To keep things specific discuss upgrade below and not in the this thread)

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

ok, how long after the install is complete from pc to phone does it take for the phone to be usable? because my phone has had the hour glass for about 20 - 25 minutes now, and now instead of just spinning, the hour glass blinks in and out of visibility.... is this normal?????

disregard my last question, its done... YAY, cant wait to play with it

MrDavv no está en línea Stack level 2
    Can anyone confirm on the BB 8100 if the camera contrast/whitebalance is messed up as on some of the later betas that I read? (eg. picture is darker than normal in normal light, or overly white in bright light)

tws777 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblood2k2 View Post
    ok, how long after the install is complete from pc to phone does it take for the phone to be usable? because my phone has had the hour glass for about 20 - 25 minutes now, and now instead of just spinning, the hour glass blinks in and out of visibility.... is this normal?????
    It's normal. May take a while. It's initializing.

Helmut no está en línea Stack level 2
    The camera looked great from the one picture that I took. Another plus is the new browser is MUCH better.

Sayuuk no está en línea Stack level 1
    Is this .37 any different than the .37 BETA?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jd885 no está en línea Stack level 3
    hey did anyone try deleting color pearl and reloading to get rid of the LED staying on?

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Damn no love for the 8300

Helmut no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jd885 View Post
    hey did anyone try deleting color pearl and reloading to get rid of the LED staying on?
    Yes, I did and It seams to have solved the problem, although the wipe could have fixed this as well because I did both when I reloaded the OS for the second time.

(Just to clarify it was the LED NOTIFICATION light I had problems with not the tracball LED)

tws777 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Helmut View Post
    Yes, I did and It seams to have solved the problem, although the wipe could have fixed this as well because I did both when I reloaded the OS for the second time.

(Just to clarify it was the LED NOTIFICATION light I had problems with not the tracball LED)
    Yeah, but the color pearl app will turn the LED notification light on and keep it on with 4.5 os. The light at the top of the bb It sounds weird, but that's what it does.

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    EVERYONE!

For those of you having problems with the installation process and you have color pearl installed, it is because color pearl is incompatible with the 4.5 OS! Uninstall Color Pearl before continuing!

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast