Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718 LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 261

Thanks Roger......Found the vendor file, deleted it, then tried to update. Still the fatal error ... RIM Handheld OS forum

  1. #226
    Packin's Avatar
    Packin no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3

    Advertisement



    Thanks Roger......Found the vendor file, deleted it, then tried to update. Still the fatal error message. Any suggestions? Is it a matter of not enough space on the phone?

    I just got the phone 2 weeks ago.

  2. #227
    RogerG's Avatar
    RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Packin View Post
    Thanks Roger......Found the vendor file, deleted it, then tried to update. Still the fatal error message. Any suggestions? Is it a matter of not enough space on the phone?

    I just got the phone 2 weeks ago.
    Well, this might sound like a pain, but it sounds like you might need a fresh install of the DM and OS onto your PC. So......

    Go to your Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs and delete anything that says the following:

    BlackBerry Device Software (you can leave the 4.2 OS on there if it's there)
    -and-
    BlackBerry Desktop Software

    Download and install the DM, then download and install the OS, delete the vendor.xml file again and reboot your PC.

    Connect the device to the PC, launch the DM and see what happens!

  3. #228
    Packin's Avatar
    Packin no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3
    I got it! Turns out I had to uninstall a few applications before it would go through. Thanks again for all your help, Roger!

  4. #229
    RogerG's Avatar
    RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Packin View Post
    I got it! Turns out I had to uninstall a few applications before it would go through. Thanks again for all your help, Roger!
    Excellent! Glad you're up and running!

  5. #230
    Dube's Avatar
    Dube no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    43
    hey...if i delete the vendor file...will it effect my sim card when i move it to another blackberry?

  6. #231
    MrDavv's Avatar
    MrDavv no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Dube View Post
    hey...if i delete the vendor file...will it effect my sim card when i move it to another blackberry?
    The vendor.xml specifies what software can be installed (or not installed - such as myfaves on an ATT phone) on a specific device/carrier. It does not touch the SIM card at all and has no effect on the SIM card even if you move it to another device.

    Basically the vendor.xml and the SIM card are not related (or tied to each other). Delete the vendor.xml file, since it won't cause any problems.

  7. #232
    Dube's Avatar
    Dube no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    43
    ohh ok...cuz i just upgraded my bb from 8100 to 8820....and when i put the sim card in it says invalid sim card...any ideas of wat that is??

  8. #233
    munkiebutt's Avatar
    munkiebutt no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1

    Question

    Hey. . . Yeah umm .... I need help! Yikes!
    okok so i have a red blackberry pearl i got it last week off ebay & i have at&t, so i have unlimited messaging but can't use MMS on it so did what all the fourms said and deleted the Vendor file and i tried to put the OS on it and i thought it was going great . . . i really think i was sadly mistaken now it won't connect to the computer & its showing a white screen with a box with a circle, a square & a triangle in it with a large circle around it with a slash through all of it. I can't get it to turn off and I'm afraid to unplug it from the computer & afraid to like touch it lol
    I feel like such an idiot please help me!

  9. #234
    RogerG's Avatar
    RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,111
    Quote Originally Posted by munkiebutt View Post
    Hey. . . Yeah umm .... I need help! Yikes!
    okok so i have a red blackberry pearl i got it last week off ebay & i have at&t, so i have unlimited messaging but can't use MMS on it so did what all the fourms said and deleted the Vendor file and i tried to put the OS on it and i thought it was going great . . . i really think i was sadly mistaken now it won't connect to the computer & its showing a white screen with a box with a circle, a square & a triangle in it with a large circle around it with a slash through all of it. I can't get it to turn off and I'm afraid to unplug it from the computer & afraid to like touch it lol
    I feel like such an idiot please help me!
    Don't panic. Just need a little time and patience. You're probably going to need to completely wipe your device with jl_cmndr which you can find instructions and the download for here.

    Then try reloading the OS again.

    Please keep us posted!

    Roger

  10. #235
    jay_d83's Avatar
    jay_d83 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    PIN/ID
    20D0FCBC
    Posts
    38

    Pearl 4.5 OS

    I upgraded my pearl about a week ago to the Vodafone OS but just realized that I am missing the BB messenger! Any ideas how I can get that back? I've already looked to see if it was a hidden icon but its just not there.
    BB FrEaK

  11. #236
    RogerG's Avatar
    RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,111
    Jay,

    Connect your device to the PC and launch DM. Click on Application Loader>Add / Remove Programs (something like that). Once it loads the OS on the screen, scroll down and see if Messenger is in the list. If it is, check the box and click next, then follow the prompts and it should reload the app.

    Hope this helps!
    Roger

  12. #237
    jay_d83's Avatar
    jay_d83 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    PIN/ID
    20D0FCBC
    Posts
    38
    Thanks RoGro! i will try that!
    BB FrEaK

  13. #238
    kateschuss's Avatar
    kateschuss no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1

    Question

    Hey!
    i just got my blackberry pearl 8100 and i wanted to download the new os. but im very worried of doing something wrong.
    can someone give me step by step instructions to do this safely?
    im VERY new my blackberry.
    thank you very much!!
    please help

  14. #239
    RogerG's Avatar
    RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,111
    Quote Originally Posted by kateschuss View Post
    Hey!
    i just got my blackberry pearl 8100 and i wanted to download the new os. but im very worried of doing something wrong.
    can someone give me step by step instructions to do this safely?
    im VERY new my blackberry.
    thank you very much!!
    please help
    Hi Kate! Welcome to PinStack!

    Since you're so new to all this, are you sure you're read to undertake such a task? Might be wise to wait until you're very comfortable with your device to do an OS upgrade.

    You can find instructions here, but I'd recommend waiting a bit, unless you're sure you are comfortable with the process.

    Roger

  15. #240
    B_N's Avatar
    B_N
    B_N no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6
    I'd love to DL it but it goes to one DL page then another page, then the 2nd DL button I click takes me to some paragraph with no links in it & it's all in a language I can't read so I do not know what I'm doing wrong!
    Oh, I have an "old" Cingular (now ATTT) 8100.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •