Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 261

Originally Posted by dallas1125 I figured it out!!!! The reason why some of us are ... RIM Handheld OS forum

  1. #181
    pearlywhites35's Avatar
    pearlywhites35 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    PIN/ID
    206942CE
    Posts
    44

    Advertisement



    Quote Originally Posted by dallas1125 View Post
    I figured it out!!!! The reason why some of us are having trouble is because we deleted the wrong .xml file. Search your PC after installing it for vendor.xml. The file should pop up, delete it and you are ready to go. I think that the file is hiden and thats why. If you delete a file thatr says a lot of random letters like p3ouujs.xml or whatever, that is the wrong file!
    Newbie question...what exactly does 'deleting the vendor .xml file' do? Has anyone from the Rogers network successfully upgraded?

    I'm afraid I'll wreck my BB...is that possible, or would it just be a matter of reverting back to the original OS?

    T.

  2. #182
    dallas1125's Avatar
    dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Posts
    1,610
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The XML file is what tells your computer what carrier its from. Deleting it makes it possible for your BB to upgrade. It doesn't matter what carrier you have as long as the os is for your device, and you delete the XML file.

    I would recommend staying away from this OS for a bit until a carrier known for releasing stable OS's release's one. One excellent example is Tmobile. They take the longest but their OS's are the most stable.

  3. #183
    EricaJ1073's Avatar
    EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,420
    Quote Originally Posted by dallas1125 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The XML file is what tells your computer what carrier its from. Deleting it makes it possible for your BB to upgrade. It doesn't matter what carrier you have as long as the os is for your device, and you delete the XML file.

    I would recommend staying away from this OS for a bit until a carrier known for releasing stable OS's release's one. One excellent example is Tmobile. They take the longest but their OS's are the most stable.
    I second this. My T-Mo 8100 didn't even recognize the Vodafone 4.5 for it. However, my 8120 picked up the Rogers 4.5 immediately upon connecting it to the PC via USB. Half an hour later, I was done with the upgrade.


  4. #184
    amauryneto's Avatar
    amauryneto no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7
    Does anyone know if this OS works with downloaded themes, such as bberry or others? I use an iphone like theme on mine, and I was about to perform the upgrade but once I received the notice on the screen that "the following unrecognized applications will be removed" and under this list I saw a file with the word "plazmic" on it I decided to cancel the operation. Has anyone tested for this?

    I also noticed that some files with the letters "PPT" on it, which I believe are the Push to Talk functions for my ATT Pearl, were in this list. It probably means that I won't have that feature until ATT comes with its own 4.5 os release, correct?

    Thanks
    Last edited by amauryneto; 07-08-2008 at 10:57 PM. Reason: add

  5. #185
    dallas1125's Avatar
    dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Posts
    1,610
    Quote Originally Posted by amauryneto View Post
    Does anyone know if this OS works with downloaded themes, such as bberry or others? I use an iphone like theme on mine, and I was about to perform the upgrade but once I received the notice on the screen that "the following unrecognized applications will be removed" and under this list I saw a file with the word "plazmic" on it I decided to cancel the operation. Has anyone tested for this?

    I also noticed that some files with the letters "PPT" on it, which I believe are the Push to Talk functions for my ATT Pearl, were in this list. It probably means that I won't have that feature until ATT comes with its own 4.5 os release, correct?

    Thanks
    Yes they do, but you need the wallpaper too.

  6. #186
    amauryneto's Avatar
    amauryneto no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7
    Guys, wasn't this update supposed to come with html email viewing? I installed the 4.5 os fine but I don't see anywhere the option to see emails in html...

  7. #187
    melissaox's Avatar
    melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,344
    your provider has to have upgraded to the new 2.5 bis
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

  8. #188
    dj_polak15's Avatar
    dj_polak15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    282
    okay i got this think to work on my phone and i even got blackberry messenger back cuz before it was gone but i have alot of problems color pearl wont let me change the color and that my media card has now errors

  9. #189
    minosa's Avatar
    minosa no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    PIN/ID
    24ACB58E
    Posts
    101
    Is this the multi language version?

  10. #190
    Mobiman's Avatar
    Mobiman no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    2071348F
    Posts
    260
    Anyone seen this version around 4.5.0 rel 52 Platform 2.7.0.55
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  11. #191
    dallas1125's Avatar
    dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Posts
    1,610
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_polak15 View Post
    okay i got this think to work on my phone and i even got blackberry messenger back cuz before it was gone but i have alot of problems color pearl wont let me change the color and that my media card has now errors
    You should have read the whole beginning post. Color pearl does not work with OS 4.5 and causes problems. Now with your media card, all you gotta do is format it.

  12. #192
    dj_polak15's Avatar
    dj_polak15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by dallas1125 View Post
    You should have read the whole beginning post. Color pearl does not work with OS 4.5 and causes problems. Now with your media card, all you gotta do is format it.
    aww man alright i hread it it was just a long time ago so i forgot and um can you help me with formating the card cuz i tried to and but i always got an error

  13. #193
    dallas1125's Avatar
    dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Posts
    1,610
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Are you using your blackberry or your computer? Your supposed to use your blackberry to format it. You first back up everything on it on your pc. Then go to options/media card hit menu and select format.

  14. #194
    dj_polak15's Avatar
    dj_polak15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    282
    wow am i slow thanks

  15. #195
    dallas1125's Avatar
    dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Posts
    1,610
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Your welcome, and your not slow, a lot of others have had this question before you and there will be more to come, no worries.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •