Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by dallas1125 I figured it out!!!! The reason why some of us are ... RIM Handheld OS forum

pearlywhites35 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    206942CE

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by dallas1125 View Post
    I figured it out!!!! The reason why some of us are having trouble is because we deleted the wrong .xml file. Search your PC after installing it for vendor.xml. The file should pop up, delete it and you are ready to go. I think that the file is hiden and thats why. If you delete a file thatr says a lot of random letters like p3ouujs.xml or whatever, that is the wrong file!
    Newbie question...what exactly does 'deleting the vendor .xml file' do? Has anyone from the Rogers network successfully upgraded?

I'm afraid I'll wreck my BB...is that possible, or would it just be a matter of reverting back to the original OS?

T.

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The XML file is what tells your computer what carrier its from. Deleting it makes it possible for your BB to upgrade. It doesn't matter what carrier you have as long as the os is for your device, and you delete the XML file.

I would recommend staying away from this OS for a bit until a carrier known for releasing stable OS's release's one. One excellent example is Tmobile. They take the longest but their OS's are the most stable.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    The XML file is what tells your computer what carrier its from. Deleting it makes it possible for your BB to upgrade. It doesn't matter what carrier you have as long as the os is for your device, and you delete the XML file.

I would recommend staying away from this OS for a bit until a carrier known for releasing stable OS's release's one. One excellent example is Tmobile. They take the longest but their OS's are the most stable.
    I second this. My T-Mo 8100 didn't even recognize the Vodafone 4.5 for it. However, my 8120 picked up the Rogers 4.5 immediately upon connecting it to the PC via USB. Half an hour later, I was done with the upgrade.

amauryneto no está en línea Stack level 1
    Does anyone know if this OS works with downloaded themes, such as bberry or others? I use an iphone like theme on mine, and I was about to perform the upgrade but once I received the notice on the screen that "the following unrecognized applications will be removed" and under this list I saw a file with the word "plazmic" on it I decided to cancel the operation. Has anyone tested for this?

I also noticed that some files with the letters "PPT" on it, which I believe are the Push to Talk functions for my ATT Pearl, were in this list. It probably means that I won't have that feature until ATT comes with its own 4.5 os release, correct?

Thanks
    Last edited by amauryneto; 07-08-2008 at 10:57 PM. Reason: add

PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Quote Originally Posted by amauryneto View Post
    Does anyone know if this OS works with downloaded themes, such as bberry or others? I use an iphone like theme on mine, and I was about to perform the upgrade but once I received the notice on the screen that "the following unrecognized applications will be removed" and under this list I saw a file with the word "plazmic" on it I decided to cancel the operation. Has anyone tested for this?

I also noticed that some files with the letters "PPT" on it, which I believe are the Push to Talk functions for my ATT Pearl, were in this list. It probably means that I won't have that feature until ATT comes with its own 4.5 os release, correct?

Thanks
    Yes they do, but you need the wallpaper too.

amauryneto no está en línea Stack level 1
    Guys, wasn't this update supposed to come with html email viewing? I installed the 4.5 os fine but I don't see anywhere the option to see emails in html...

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    your provider has to have upgraded to the new 2.5 bis
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

dj_polak15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    okay i got this think to work on my phone and i even got blackberry messenger back cuz before it was gone but i have alot of problems color pearl wont let me change the color and that my media card has now errors

minosa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB58E
    Is this the multi language version?

Mobiman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2071348F
    Anyone seen this version around 4.5.0 rel 52 Platform 2.7.0.55

PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_polak15 View Post
    okay i got this think to work on my phone and i even got blackberry messenger back cuz before it was gone but i have alot of problems color pearl wont let me change the color and that my media card has now errors
    You should have read the whole beginning post. Color pearl does not work with OS 4.5 and causes problems. Now with your media card, all you gotta do is format it.

You should have read the whole beginning post. Color pearl does not work with OS 4.5 and causes problems. Now with your media card, all you gotta do is format it.
    aww man alright i hread it it was just a long time ago so i forgot and um can you help me with formating the card cuz i tried to and but i always got an error

PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Are you using your blackberry or your computer? Your supposed to use your blackberry to format it. You first back up everything on it on your pc. Then go to options/media card hit menu and select format.

wow am i slow thanks

PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Your welcome, and your not slow, a lot of others have had this question before you and there will be more to come, no worries.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617 ... LastLast