Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Am I nuts or there's no SureType with 4.5 on 8100?... RIM Handheld OS forum

vedrank no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2050534F

Advertisement

Am I nuts or there's no SureType with 4.5 on 8100?

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yeah there is, I have it.

PIN/ID
    2050534F
    Quote Originally Posted by dallas1125 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yeah there is, I have it.
    Thank you for direct answer, it helped more than it may seem. In the meantime I've also noticed couple of other things which point to the conclusion something went utterly wrong with my upgrade, so now I'm reinstalling.

lingols7 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E4D692
    SO I installed it and it kept crashing on me at random times especially while trying to view my pics :/. so im downgrading to an old tmobile os until it officially comes out but i do dig the Youtube option.. saw my own page and was able to view the vids I posted. .. THAT ROCKSSS!!!!!!!11

PIN/ID
    2050534F
    This is incredible, I did reinstall without restore of old data to try, and still lacking SureType. Then I went to sleep

Now when I woke up, I've compared using javaloader.exe what's on my Pearl compared to what's in the OS archive on the computer. Install didn't put net_rim_tid.cod and net_rim_tid_code.cod on my BB! I've put those two up and now it's working great.

PIN/ID
    2050534F
    Quote Originally Posted by lingols7 View Post
    SO I installed it and it kept crashing on me at random times especially while trying to view my pics :/. so im downgrading to an old tmobile os until it officially comes out but i do dig the Youtube option.. saw my own page and was able to view the vids I posted. .. THAT ROCKSSS!!!!!!!11
    Had the same, Googling put up a point to the cause - some pics on your memory card "confuse" 4.5, either corrupted, too big... Whatever. Back them up and start clean (or locate problematic ones) and all will be fine.

PIN/ID
    2050534F
    Aaaand me again, couldn't get to Settings > Language > Input Options until I also uploaded net_rim_bb_options_customwordlistscreen.cod which was missing. Now all finally seems fine, but WTF?

niran77@hotmail no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e74768

4.5 OS for Pearl

hei,

i read somewhere that 4.5 enables your pearl to be able to record video and that it comes with a new media player with preset??? where is it? i can not see anything of that sort. i have been using the new OS for 2 days now, i don't see any new change in it. it kinda makes me sad.
    Innovation comes from the ability to see tomorrow.

PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Quote Originally Posted by lingols7 View Post
    You need to reformat your media card or it will do that to you.

PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Quote Originally Posted by niran77@hotmail View Post
    hei,

i read somewhere that 4.5 enables your pearl to be able to record video and that it comes with a new media player with preset??? where is it? i can not see anything of that sort. i have been using the new OS for 2 days now, i don't see any new change in it. it kinda makes me sad.
    The pearls will not get video recording. But it does get a new media player with a better UI. MiuTunes works with 4.5 to.

steva11 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I was running 4.5.0.37 before this release but wiped my device and relaoded as this download was about 17mb smaller than previous .37 i was running. there seems to be no difference

I have 2 problems with it:

1. The camera does show a blue hue and it's white balance is off. I didn't notivce it too much until I put it beside a friend's running 4.2 and the difference is huge. I cannot take pics in dimly lit areas with this version where i could before and it does white out in bright sunlight where it didn't with 4.2

2. I love my zen theme, but the custom themes do not show the home screen image and default to the bb theme. running custom themes seem to make the device more laggy than the when running the preinstalled themes.
    Last edited by steva11; 06-14-2008 at 02:29 PM.

michael676 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Great that this OS is available. Does anyone know which files I can delete before installing to keep the OS slim? Or hasn't anything changed in those files, and can I delete the same files I used on 4.2? (now downloading)

steva11 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by michael676 View Post
    Great that this OS is available. Does anyone know which files I can delete before installing to keep the OS slim? Or hasn't anything changed in those files, and can I delete the same files I used on 4.2? (now downloading)
    basically just uncheck any boxes you don't want loaded like the sample vid/languages stuff like taht. same way you load any other OS. I ended up with approx 23 mb after installation. that was after restoring about 2mb backup file.

PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Quote Originally Posted by michael676 View Post
    What Steva said, but remember to delete the vendor.XML file before installing, unless you have vodafone.

dj_polak15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ok woa how do i delete the xml file form my BB 8100 from AT&T?!?!?!

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast