Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I'm beginning to wonder if what I have is .10 instead of ... RIM Handheld OS forum

fCastle no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm beginning to wonder if what I have is .10 instead of .18 which what the link I got said it was. Hmmm

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ocanyc View Post
    I tried this on my 8320 and it didnt ask me to downgrade. Doesnt seem like .10 wants to come off.

Any way to get the blackberry back to original state from when I purchased it?
    There is no need to wipe your device. Did you follow my steps? They are very explanitory.

First delete the .xml vender file

After you download your 4.5 OS or original 4.2 OS file, you have to run it, because it needs to install it. I think that is the step that people are forgetting to do.

After install, then hook up your device through DM and got into app loader and it will recognize the new file and ask you if you want to upgrade it or downgrade it depending on what you have installed. Try that and see if it works.

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    There is no need to wipe your device. Did you follow my steps? They are very explanitory.

First delete the .xml vender file

After you download your 4.5 OS or original 4.2 OS file, you have to run it, because it needs to install it. I think that is the step that people are forgetting to do.

After install, then hook up your device through DM and got into app loader and it will recognize the new file and ask you if you want to upgrade it or downgrade it depending on what you have installed. Try that and see if it works.

I did follow all those steps and it wasnt recognizing 4.2 when I was trying to downgrade. Deleted xml file and all. Thats when I decided to load the 4.2 install manually, and I got a 523 error, couldnt get it back so then I wiped it. Of course that gave me a 507, which meant no OS was installed I think.

I got it back to 4.2, then 4.5 .10 and now I finally got .18. Its a little better so far. I'll have to play with it more. Thanks.

jbreidel no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241EDB49
    I think .18 is way nicer, I am not having half the dropped reception problem I was having with the .10. Youtube seems to be working for me without having to enter in the tcp settings. It seems faster in general like not as much lag between opening and closing things.

WiFi in my opinion is a bit more stable with calls, although I think this might of been linked to the horrible reception problem I was having with .10.

Overall, .18 is a must if your using the beta.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    I am running .18----and I have the little red exclamation points after every text. Also, when I try to add bbm contacts by just the pin, it says it's invalid (to two different pins) so I had to make them an address book contact and add them that way. Anyone else having those issues?

PS---anyone know why the other thread was closed?
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74
    Im thinking that they closed it because of the ranting. Im having a good time listening to the heated discussion on all of the boards...
    Ugh, couldnt think of anything to change it to.

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    I keep on looking but cannt find it,

This is not a request for a link.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    when I try to add bbm contacts by just the pin, it says it's invalid (to two different pins) so I had to make them an address book contact and add them that way. Anyone else having those issues?
    That just seems to be a random BBM thing that I've never been able to figure out. Every BB and OS I've ever had, there has been at least one contact that I have to load to BBM using the "add to address book" method. Seeing it continue in 4.5 didn't surprise me as much as slightly disappoint me.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Usually, if they lock down a thread and/or make it go away, its because the Mods got tired of asking people to not violate the rules about asking for links, sending PMs to people asking for it, deleting/editing posts, etc.

If they wind up having to babysit a thread 24/7, they'll just lock it and make life easier. Can't say as I blame them sometimes.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4
    I've modded some other sites before, and basically 400+ posts and lock it was a lil rule of thumb. Maybe thats how they think here too.

Anyway, a couple of things I've noticed. Not sure if you guys noticed too. Youtube works for me, but some videos when i click "watch video", the media player will start up and then my curve reboots.

Another thing, while using jivetalk, I have it set to pop up the messages that are being sent to me and they dont seem to make it to the top of screen. Well, this is when I havent seen them and I have to unlock my phone. I then have to push some buttons to get back to messenger. No biggy but.

PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Yep, works the same way around here, too, except they'll do it usually around 1,000 posts. Unless they've changed that "rule of thumb" in the last couple of months.

jbreidel no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241EDB49
    I get the red exclamation point after my messages too. Doesnt bother me too much but its definitely a new feature.

Amahk no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242B3987
    Quote Originally Posted by jbreidel View Post
    I get the red exclamation point after my messages too. Doesnt bother me too much but its definitely a new feature.
    It was annoying at first however I just use it to tell me when I've replied to a text. I personally think they should change it to the default icon for when a message has been replied to(the mail icon with the entry carriage imposed on it) instead of the icon that makes me think it's a high priority message(mail icon with the exclamation).

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    Same here, I too have the red marks after sms. But .18 is far better, .10 kept reseting and gliching every few hours, by far it was the worst beta release that I hve tried, absolutly nothing worked. .18 on the other hanf is awsome, works quite well!
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    fixes the bbm contacts dissapearing for me. im very happy with it.
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast