Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I was running .10, then I deleted the .xml vender file, installed the original 4.2 ... RIM Handheld OS forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Advertisement

I was running .10, then I deleted the .xml vender file, installed the original 4.2 and then hooked up the phone to the dm, it asked me if I wanted to downgraded, I clicked yes and it installed it. When I got .18, I did the same thing, deleted the vendor file, installed .18, hooked up through DM and then it asked me if I wanted to upgrade to new OS. I checked all the empty boxes that I wanted on my install and installed it. It is now running .18 and shows up in about.

It is working much better than the .10, faster and I can watch youtube videos, I did not reformat the memory card, just took it from my 8320 and popped it in. Works fine. I did have to install softrest again, because it gave me an error. After that it works like a charm. Weathereye is working great. So far, I am very happy with it.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Forgot to mention that I downloaded the 4.5.0.18 to my 8100 Pearl, so that is the device I am talking about.

jayeverette no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2437b3bd
    Does .18 even exist for 8310? I keep on reading that it does, but cant seem to actually find it. Anyone using it? is it any better then .10?

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74
    It does. But if you're an att member you lose your BBMaps. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jayeverette no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2437b3bd
    Its all good! I use telenav!
    I really am getting frustrated searching google for .18. can someone give me a hint...lol. Should I be searching in altavista or something? haha

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yes its very good, and much better than .10....

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    I was running .10, then I deleted the .xml vender file, installed the original 4.2 and then hooked up the phone to the dm, it asked me if I wanted to downgraded, I clicked yes and it installed it. When I got .18, I did the same thing, deleted the vendor file, installed .18, hooked up through DM and then it asked me if I wanted to upgrade to new OS. I checked all the empty boxes that I wanted on my install and installed it. It is now running .18 and shows up in about.

It is working much better than the .10, faster and I can watch youtube videos, I did not reformat the memory card, just took it from my 8320 and popped it in. Works fine. I did have to install softrest again, because it gave me an error. After that it works like a charm. Weathereye is working great. So far, I am very happy with it.

I tried this on my 8320 and it didnt ask me to downgrade. Doesnt seem like .10 wants to come off.

Any way to get the blackberry back to original state from when I purchased it?

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Do you have the 4.2 installed on the desktop with the vendor.xml deleted? OR the same for the 4.3....I found it was easier to delete ALL Os's that were on the computer and have just one installed at a time.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

ConstantineXVI no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244EB7DA
    Quote Originally Posted by ocanyc View Post
    I tried this on my 8320 and it didnt ask me to downgrade. Doesnt seem like .10 wants to come off.

Any way to get the blackberry back to original state from when I purchased it?
    First, BACK UP YOUR BB. Find a tool called JL_Cmder, use it to wipe your BB. Then uninstall all BB OS updates on your PC. Go to your carrier's website and download their latest version of the 8320 OS. Install it on your PC, then fire up Desktop Manager and use the app loader to install the OS the same way you installed 4.5. Finally, restore your data from the backup.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Before wiping---please make sure it's not something as simple as removing all 4.5 OS's from the computer and doing a search for vendor.xml and deleting that. Make sure also that you isntalled the 4.2 OS----not just downloaded it.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Yes, before wiping I'm trying some of the suggestions. Would 4.5 be under add/remove programs on the pc? If so I removed it. I actually removed the desktop manager 4.3 as well lol. I tried to reinstall it and got an error I \got the first time I tried to instal DM 4.3

"Error 1904, Module C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\Blackberry\1571 Connectors\ISGroupWise6.5x\GW.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147220473. Contact your support personnel"

Wth is that error message? Anyways, if I click ok, it continues and installs it. I was just wondering if that had anything to do with my issues and .10.

Ehhh....I tried to manually load 4.2 and now I got a "App Error 523: reset" error message. I've clicked the reset button but goes back to message. Any suggestions? Hope my blackberry isnt totally messed up

jikdoc no está en línea Stack level 2
    i installed .18 over .10 on a 8320 using dm 4.3. for me the process simple, i installed the .18 onto the pc, deleted vendor.xml then fired up dm4.3. hit the button for app loader and it recognized a new update, and loaded the new os.
    this was the same process i installed .10 over 4.3beta. nothing different. i'm not quite sure what's going on with your installation, to answer another question, if you want to uninstall the os, you do need to go to add/remove programs and uninstall it from your pc first.

Well, I was able to get my curve back to 4.2 and then to 4.5. Only, I can now say that what I had wasnt the .18 but the .10. Oh well, I'll keep searching.

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I tried to install it but it failed.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast