I upgraded my 8700C to 4.2 OS and called and got a password from my ... RIM Handheld OS forum

ellandry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CA1371

BES Activation not working after upgrade to 4.2 OS

Advertisement

I upgraded my 8700C to 4.2 OS and called and got a password from my company to reactivate my BES service. Everytime I try I get the message there was an error contact your administrator. Can anyone help me please?

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: BES Activation not working after upgrade to 4.2 OS

is the password case sensitive? that's my only thought.
    let's see what the pros say
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

ellandry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CA1371

i made sure it was lower case which is what i was told to do, could it be my employer is not setup for me to be using the 4.2 OS?

gnab01 no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    23F21180

The BES doesn't care what OS you have unless they are trying to push out a Software Configuration. Make sure you're registered with the network (Settings>Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table. Click the scroll wheel and click on Register Now). Also, try a hard reset (without turning off the device, remove the battery for about 10 seconds & replace it).

dkozinn no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f260fb

Quote Originally Posted by ellandry
    I upgraded my 8700C to 4.2 OS and called and got a password from my company to reactivate my BES service. Everytime I try I get the message there was an error contact your administrator. Can anyone help me please?
    Don't take this the wrong way, but, um, have you tried contacting whoever is in charge of the BES service for your organization? They will likely have access to logs and such and would probably be a good place to start. One of the possible issues is that for some reason there's something wrong on the BES itself, and they should be able to see that fairly easily.

Unfortunately, when you don't get set up completely through Enterprise Activation, the amount of diagnostics that you get on the handheld aren't always sufficient to figure out what might have gone wrong.

The other question I guess I'd ask is why you needed to re-activate after the OS upgrade? I've upgraded any number of devices and have never had to re-activate the device.
    David

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

You have to reactivate on BES, you just don't have to do it manually. After an OS upgrade the BB should enterprise activate itself.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mnickerson no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    40169A5F

Curious do you have any data working. I upgraded my OS & lost my browser, etc, can't even PIN message to me.

Have wiped and reinstalled everything. And am unable to roll it back a version or two.

Send yourself a pin message and see if it works if not, you have more than BES activation issues in store.

jbrown9999 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

I upgraded my 8830 to OS 4.2.2 and it worked fine. Made the mistake of doing the same for my CFO and BOOM! It stopped recieving emails. I reactivated it, got the Sys Admin error. Wiped it, did it again, off the USB on the BES. Then none of the previous emails showed. Wiped again, deleted account from BES readded. Made sure to not keep any BB info on mailbox. Readded it, reactivated and now it only has email from today! @#$%^&*!

I thought she may have archived up to today but no such luck. Thoughts, ideas?

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

After the upgrade try a register now from the host routing table menu.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

I did an upgrade on almost all of our devices and I had to go through Enterprise Activation for all of them. The key is invalid after the new OS in installed. You also need ot make sure that the device is registered on the network. BES don't care about the OS on the device if it was working, it should work now. when you called fo rht epassword, did you tell them to set you activation password or what it was. If all you did was get ehat it was then BES don;t know to accept your device. They need to turn on Activation for your account and use the password you want. I use a single letter or number as this way activation is easier, since thye have to know your email address to activate it anyway.

Gideon1961 no está en línea Stack level 1

All,

I have a similar problem, however I didnt do an OS upgrade, well.. not at first.

I have a pearl using TMO which has been working fine until last Friday when I stopped receiving BES email. I had the admin remove and add me back into BES still no luck. When I try OTA Enterprise Activition all I get is "activating...", it never progresses.

I have an older 7100T which I powered back up and it activates just fine.

I only have the data plan with TMO and they told me I need the BES plan as well.

Why has it worked all this and never had a BES plan?

Why does the 7100T work fine?

jkestner24370 no está en línea Stack level 1

BES Not Jiving

I upgraded my Curved to OS 4.5. Everytime I add an app to my Curve I have to reactivate BES. Any Ideas????