I recieved a link to get the 5.0 BBM and downloaded it to my 8330 ... RIM Handheld OS forum

martinj1231 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31C78753

BBM 5.0 for 4.5 8330

Advertisement

I recieved a link to get the 5.0 BBM and downloaded it to my 8330 4.5, it works great. I sent the exact same link to 2 friends and now their messenger is gone but still shows up in the Application list as the 5.0. Any suggestions on getting it to show back up on the phone?

martinj1231 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31C78753
    We've tried sending service books and re-registering the phones and that did not work, also tried popping the bat out and that didn't work either.

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by martinj1231 View Post
    We've tried sending service books and re-registering the phones and that did not work, also tried popping the bat out and that didn't work either.
    Your friends need to update their OS to the latest for the 8330... they can find the latest OS from this thread **remember to delete the vendor.xml file!!! Hope this helps!!

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    same thing happened to me too
    do as impak says and update their OS's to AT LEAST 4.5.0.130
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    ^^ they are correct

remember that if an app shows up in applications, but it can't be used (same usually goes for themes) then its prob not meant to work on your OS and you should 1) use the correct version for your current OS or 2) upgrade

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    The latest official OS for the 8330 is the 4.5.0.169 through Alltel. I would go that route unless you just want your carriers OS.