Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

BB Screenshot, an application that takes a screenshot of your BB and saves it to ... RIM Handheld OS forum

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

BB Screenshot

Advertisement

BB Screenshot, an application that takes a screenshot of your BB and saves it to your pc as a bitmap image. Perfect for reviews here on pinstack.com!
    Here is an example of my personal theme...

I have added this to the downloads section. Enjoy!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: BB Screenshot

CP, does this run on your BB or from the PC? Did you try the screen capture function of DL_Cmder? If so, how does BB Screenshot differ from that?

Thanks For your help
    Rcbjr.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

This app will run on your pc while your BB is plugged in. I did not try DL_Cmder because Im not comfortable using JDE, never tried so I dont wanna mess anything up. This app seems flawless! Plug BB in, run bbscreen.exe and it takes the pic, viola!

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Sweet. Thanks for sharing.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

bigmatt no está en línea Stack level 3

props cp.looks cool i am going to check it out tomorrow. to tried right now.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks. Like bigmatt will be checking it out in the morning. Going to bed any moment.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Your welcome Mellissaox and bigmatt. Im loving this app, Im taking all kinds of screenshots!

xaurav no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20374F8B

or jus use a command with jvaloader ..
    javaloader -u screenshot c:\name.bmp
    i made same interace using bb , nice utility

rhupf no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2427414d

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i can't seem to find this in the downloads section here.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    This app will run on your pc while your BB is plugged in. I did not try DL_Cmder because Im not comfortable using JDE, never tried so I dont wanna mess anything up. This app seems flawless! Plug BB in, run bbscreen.exe and it takes the pic, viola!
    ----

DL_Cmder makes it transparent that you're using the JDE. It doesn't seem to mess anything up. It also is flawless and has some other functions, such a the javaloader -wipe function that can really help when all else fails with OS problems on a BB. Don't have to worry about using the JDE commands as they are pre-scripted and have some warnings to help avoid mistakes.

That being said, how does the BB Screenshot Interface work? Do you have to run it for each screenshot you want or do you run it, then can take screenshots from it with a keystroke or mouse click?

Thanks for your help
    Rcbjr.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

run bbscreen.exe, you will see a screen pop up that says please verify your BB is connected, press any key, then is connects to your BB, asks for password if device is protected, it then takes the screenshot and stores it to a directory. Then you either hit <Y>es or <N>o to take the next screenshot. So simple, you dont have to enter any commands. Im gonna try JDE and see how it is, if I get too confused Im gonna hit you up Rcbjr! To find this app go to downloads, go to software, go to utilites & misc.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I'm not sure you need the JDK as DL_Cmder includes the javaloader.exe in the download. Just go to BBForums and search for DL_Cmder. From what you say, they seem to be similar in operation, except DL_Cmder opens MS Paint and you get a preview before you save it. I'll give BB Screenshot a try later today and let you know.

Thanks For your Help.
    Rcbjr

PIN/ID
    3056468b

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Well, Downloaded and installed it. Surprise, Surprise, it uses RIMs javaloader also. Same basic program, two different scripts for it. BBScreenshot saves it deep in the Documents and settings File Path, allows multiple shots in a session, but you better rename the files between sessions, as it starts the name count all over with each session. JL_Cmder saves in a temporary file that you have to name before taking a second shot. And it opens MSPaint to allow you to specify where you save them. It will open multiple sessions of Paint so it may be confusing which was made first if you make multiple shots without saving. I'll keep both for now.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast