Daft question from a new BB user. Does RIM and hence BB use another OS ... RIM Handheld OS forum

raphaelsamad no está en línea Stack level 2

BB OS / Act6.0! Transfer etc.

Advertisement

Daft question from a new BB user. Does RIM and hence BB use another OS or do they use Palm / Symbian or Windows or a derivative of one of these?
    I ask because I have a version of Act6! which runs on either Palm OS and Windows CE but nothing for a Blackberry - I also cannot find anything that will allow me to transfer the Act6.0! database to my BB8800. I know that I can transfer me Act6.0! contacts information into Outlook and then move that across to my BB but I don't want to do this. I do not want all my Act6.0! contacts in my Outlook.
    Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
    I have found Companion Link but do not understand how it works - any explanation would also be appreciated - does it transfer the data from Act6.0 PC to the BB or does it transfer the Act6! PC data to an online resource to which I have to connect to read it.
    Last edited by raphaelsamad; 06-14-2007 at 05:24 PM.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: BB OS / Act6.0! Transfer etc.

The blackberry uses a propritary OS. Isn't Act one of the compatible organizers for Desktop Manager?

Organizer Support • Microsoft Outlook® 2000, Outlook 2002, Outlook XP, Outlook 2003 or Outlook 2007• Lotus Notes® 5.0.6 or later, 6.0, 6.5, 7.0 • ACT!® 4.0.2, 5.0 (2000), 6.0 • Lotus Organizer® 6.1 • Microsoft Outlook Express 5.0, 6.0 • Novell® GroupWise® 6.0.1, 6.5.4 or higher and 7.0 • ASCII Importer/Exporter• NEW! Yahoo! PIM

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

raphaelsamad no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: BB OS / Act6.0! Transfer etc.

Hi Rcbjr,
    You are right that ACT is one of the compatible organisers for the Desktop Manager but what I want to do is sync my Outlook contacts, calender etc. with my BB and then have a different set for ACT. My understanding of the Desktop Manager is that you can choose either Outlook or Act or one of the others but not more than one.
    What I want to end up with is one set of info from Outlook and one set from Act.
    thanks
    Raphael