I will try to make this as clear as possible. I have 8700g, my girlfriend ... RIM Handheld OS forum

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

BB Messenger Phantom Message

Advertisement

I will try to make this as clear as possible.

I have 8700g, my girlfriend has 8100. Both BB's are with T-Mobile.

For a 2nd day in a row I get a BB Messenger message from her, which for all intents and purposes seems as if she is trying to send me an image via BB Messenger. The image is not displayed, it is completely blacked out. Day 1 this message was sent 5 times in a row. The meesage comes across with image name with two options "Save" and "Cancel" Today message was sent another 5 times. On both days I recieved this message during the early morning hours between 5-7am. At approx. 815am today I recieved the same message 4 times in a row, then 3, then 2, then it stopped.

I double checked with my girlfriend, she has not attempted to send me any images what so ever. Does not even have an image saved on her BB with that image title.

Any idea what is going on?

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

This may sound lame, but are you sure it's your g-f and not some other BlackBerry sending you the images?

Have you just saved the message? Or at least viewed it/attempted to view it? If you didn't do either, perhaps it is just stuck on some queue somewhere?

Otherwise, I thought Halloween was two weeks ago!

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis

This may sound lame, but are you sure it's your g-f and not some other BlackBerry sending you the images?

Have you just saved the message? Or at least viewed it/attempted to view it? If you didn't do either, perhaps it is just stuck on some queue somewhere?

Otherwise, I thought Halloween was two weeks ago!

At this point nothing is lame-

It is her user name and profile. I only have 5 people on my BB Messenger list. I've tried saving it and viewing it and its just a black image.

Just had a quick convo with my GF- she locks the keys on her pearl, but she thinks it may just be buttons being pressed accidently.

I would think the same, but this isn't a simple redial, there is a series of keystrokes required to open messenger, select image, send image. Am I right or just paranoid ? lol

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

I think you are right.

Why not try the app itself? Delete the BlackBerry Messenger app, reboot, ensure you've got no access to BlackBerry Messenger (no icons, shortcuts, menu references, service books), then install it again, OTA or Desktop Manager.

Or better yet, leave it off for a day and wait for the image file! If someone wants to chat with BlackBerry Messenger, and your BlackBerry doesn't have messenger, then RIM sends an invite to download the app OTA.

Ok, that's all I can think of so late / early.