Can anyone help me with this - under address book OPTIONS, my BB address book ... RIM Handheld OS forum

lindycu no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319BDB8B

BB address book as more entries than Outlook/BES?

Advertisement

Can anyone help me with this - under address book OPTIONS, my BB address book shows I have 8913 addresses. However, in Outlook (and I'm on a BES), I only have 8715. I have left my BB alone as though it needed to be updated. But it still shows 198 more contacts. None of my categories have that amount exactly.

Is there a way to "resync" or force an update to BES? Or should I delete (move to deleted items folder), wait for a sync, and try and move them back into contacts folder?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

lindycu no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319BDB8B

Re: BB address book as more entries than Outlook/BES?

I believe I have figured out what happened. I used the SHIFT+DEL function in OUTLOOK to delete some contacts. This permanently deletes contacts without going to deleted items folder. It's my thought that this bypasses the BES message, or is too quick to be picked up by BES to sync to device.

I removed all contacts in Outlook (moved to a separate folder that is not sync'd to device, and all of sudden all the contacts appeared in Outlook (over about 15 minutes), and the counts matched the BB. I'm not deleting all of them from Outlook, will let them sit in Deleted Items folder until BB has no contacts, clear the deleted items folder, and then move all the original contacts back into the CONTACTS folder in Outlook.

Hopefully this solves the problem. If anyone has another idea of how this might have happened, please add to the thread.

Thanks.

Moonshadow no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: BB address book as more entries than Outlook/BES?

I have found that in order for the Contacts to sync they need to have a name - telephone number AND an e-mail address. Without these 3 ingredients they will stay on the device (BB or PC) that they were created on and will not transfer over. If you add a contact on either device and are missing the e-mail address I just put in a dummy address i.e. dummy@dummy.com. This device recognizes this as an e-mail (because it is in an e-mail "format") and will transfer the contact to the other device.

Hope that helps