My dillema is I seem to have a lot of issues backing up 6280's & ... RIM Handheld OS forum

yo_fishy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DFE2F1

Back up/Restore from 4.0 to 4.1 software

Advertisement

My dillema is I seem to have a lot of issues backing up 6280's & 7290's with 4.0 software and then restoring that data to a 7290 unit with 4.1 software. The browser goes away and the HRT's have to be re-registered, the messages are unable to move over, etc.. Has anyone ever ran into this? It seems like the versions aren't compatible and I recieve error messages like, "unable to write application data" or when choosing the .ipd file today I received, "Not a correct database file/version found". This is happening with both Cingular and T-Mobile 4.1 software. Its really driving me crazy because I'm afraid to send end users BB's with the 4.1 OS if they are updating and just doing a SIM swap. I find myself downgrading every new unit I get in to 4.0 software just so people can keep their messages.

Any help is always greatly appreciated. Thank.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Back up/Restore from 4.0 to 4.1 software

i feel your pain. Have you already tried this:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...tore_data.html

yo_fishy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DFE2F1

Re: Back up/Restore from 4.0 to 4.1 software

Hey, thank you. This is definitely the best answer I've gotten yet because when I come to think of it, I always hit "yes" to switch the PIN being used before the restore process begins. I really hope this does the trick.

Thanks again.