Obviously this post is for those with 72 series devices. This is a VERY reliable ... RIM Handheld OS forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Attention: Owners With 4.0 OS on you device

Advertisement

Obviously this post is for those with 72 series devices. This is a VERY reliable rumor that has been passed to me. I am still trying to gather information and will pass it on as I receive it.
    Effective Immediately RIM is no longer providing carriers with service books for devices running with Operating System 4.0. What does this mean?

First off do not wipe your device right now, because there is a good possibility that you will not be able to receive back your service books. If you have 4.0 OS right now, please be patient.

First I would recommend that you find a 4.1 OS for your device (if applicable) and bookmark the site. Do NOT attempt to load the 4.1 OS into the device yet, as it is not confirmed that the service books will be avaliable. If you do NOT wipe and reload you will have no problems because you already have your service books. If you wipe, you will not have your service books. Again, yes this is a rumor but as you may know I don't pass on B.S. info here. If I post a rumor here it is because I have witnessed or seen something myself, or I have complete and total faith in the source that has given me the info, such as is the case here. The more info that comes in I will pass onto you. Any questions can be posted here or feel free to PM.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Attention: Owners With 4.0 OS on you device

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I need a mod to edit this for me so it all doesn't run together. I am mobile and therefore can't.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks whoever did that.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Is this all service books, or just specific ones? Does this mean that RIM is abandoning all the users with 16MB devices? That seem hard to believe.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

d_fisher no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Is this all service books, or just specific ones? Does this mean that RIM is abandoning all the users with 16MB devices? That seem hard to believe.

Rcbjr.
    I agree with you. I just don't see it happening this soon.

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Bumping this thread back out due to its importance.