I wanted to upgrade to the 4.5 os , i got the 4.6 DM and ... RIM Handheld OS forum

HeavenlyKnight9 no está en línea Stack level 1

Apploader not initializing BB after wipe and program load!

Advertisement

I wanted to upgrade to the 4.5 os, i got the 4.6 DM and the 4.5, this is what the file is called,maybe i got a wrong, bad cor corrupted version: 8110M_PBr4.5.0_rel81_PL2.7.0.68_A4.5.0.55_F100
    I deleted the vendor.xml file from common files\RIM\apploader . Since the jl_cmder cant pick up the BB i did the apploader thing, that picks it up, erases the BB and loads the 4.5 system files, core and auxillary. BUT the PROBLEM lies when its done wiping and loading te software, it cant initialize. I started this process on my laptop with no hub or anything, but it has a targus cooling system. I disconnected that, tried it again still the same thing about unable to connect tot device during multistage something. I then switched desktop and the same problem persist. Im a BB newbie, but ive had success upgrading my PSP, and RAZR, so im not new to this style of process and the usb power consumption thing if it is an issue should have been an issue before, but i digress. Device is ATT, was 4.3(whatever os it came with) 8110 Pearl. The battery was fully charged. Please help if possible.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Welcome to the Stacks, HeavenlyKnight!

You might want to try some of the steps in this thread.

i did everything in the guide, up until step 11, i never got a Backup confirmation, again it just hangs at waiting for device initialization. below it says to download the java developers kit and get javaloader and place it on C:\, i do just that and attempt to run the wipe, but javaloader gives me this error: connecting to device...debug: COM error during open: <0x80040001>
    Error: unable to open port
    thats the full error message.

I have stopped trying to update the device with a non vendor os, 4.5 in this case. and now trying to downgrade. the process is the same for the most part. i have removed DM 4.6 and the device os 4.5, rebooted. installed the 4.3 from the disc, and installed the official ATT 4.3. did everything the same. the apploader actualy shows the pin now and it doesnt reconnect every couple seconds, but as soon as i click NEXT it goes back to USB UNKNOWN and so the same process begins again even while trying to downgrade to original factory settings, the 4.3 att version. it still gives me the same message about not being able to reconnect to jvm after loading the os software.

PS- my device never gve me ANY ERROR CODES nor did it ever turn on and show the hourglass of doom
    Last edited by HeavenlyKnight9; 10-08-2008 at 05:18 PM. Reason: left something out

So with jl_cmndr did you do a complete wipe of the device prior to attempting the upgrade?

no, of all the faqs, like8, none of them said anything about using jl cmder before updating the os, but it doesnt matter anyways, i found that i had to have the battery inplace in order for the re installing of the 4.3. now that it finally did it, it let me turn it on and now im getting the hour glass of doom!? any idea ?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    is it still on the hourglass, now that it has been an hour? just checking as sometimes that hourglass can turn and turn ... when i first did the 4.5 upgrade, was actually nervous as it turned for a good 15 minutes.

i didnt wait too long, maybe 7 minutes i didnt wait that long cuz i was in a hurry for an appointment. but i will let it wait at least 20 minutes when i get home at night.

LOL! It might take way longer than 20 minutes! Have patience!

well looks like my little bb is the sprinter, it only took 6 minutes, now im up and running, and thanks for everything!

Cool. Glad you were able to get it sorted out!

Teuton no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2431C260
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Welcome to the Stacks, HeavenlyKnight!

You might want to try some of the steps in this thread.
    Forget it. That thread needs to be updated. Step 10 doesn't help (where is the ADVANCED button for 8320?).
    Last edited by Teuton; 11-06-2008 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teuton View Post
    Forget it. That thread needs to be updated. Step 10 doesn't help (where is the ADVANCED button for 8320?).
    The ADVANCED button is in the Desktop Manager/Application Loader, not on the device.

What version of Desktop Manager are you running?
    Last edited by RogerG; 11-07-2008 at 02:44 PM.