Just wondering of the multitude of Aussie BB users in this forum how many have ... RIM Handheld OS forum

mikedoan no está en línea Stack level 3

Anyone in Oz using 4.5?

Advertisement

Just wondering of the multitude of Aussie BB users in this forum how many have jumped to OS 4.5 ahead of the official release?

What issues are you experiencing that are isolated to Australian networks (ie it seems that there are a couple here who can't stream media on OS 4.5; myself included).

Anyone else using OS 4.5 in Oz?

Spoook no está en línea BES Pro
    I've updated to 4.5.37 (off the top of my head). Had a little look at Youtube and can't seem to stream either, but I didn't really try hard because let's face it who wants to stream on a vodafone GPRS bandwidth. I have a few issues with filling in forms on websites, but a refresh seems to fix that most times. Oh and I can no longer get to "Status" hence why I'm trying to remember my version!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

nex014 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    255BDD2F
    I have updated to 4.5.0.55 and the only problem that I am experencing is the steaming media. It was working for a while and then just stoped all of a sudden.

I seem to recall having the same issue with .37 and not being able to get to the status page
    I've since gone to .55 from A1 - if you search the forum for 8100 A14.5.0.55 you should find it. Seemed to fix that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by nex014 View Post
    I have updated to 4.5.0.55 and the only problem that I am experencing is the steaming media. It was working for a while and then just stoped all of a sudden.
    You're with Telstra? (I think I read one of your other posts)
    Was it working on 4.5.0.55?

I have the 8310. Was going to go to 4.5.0.55, but a few posts mentioned instability so i played it safe. But if you have had no issues, I might give it a try. Have you noticed any difference between .37 and ,55?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoook View Post
    I have the 8310. Was going to go to 4.5.0.55, but a few posts mentioned instability so i played it safe. But if you have had no issues, I might give it a try. Have you noticed any difference between .37 and ,55?
    I'm actually using an 8100 pearl. No major issues with .55 (it even fixed the camera white balance issues i was having)

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoook View Post
    Spoook, there is a beta for .69 available that I've been running on my 8310 for several days now. Very stable, fyi.

cool. just got to read between the lines in posts to try and find the link now ;-)

oh thank you torrent!

well what do you know - youtube works again on os .69. Sloooow as on GPRS, but it works. I think i would have to be very bored to try and use it though...