Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yes. We use it at my work place with great success. Although recently have found ... RIM Handheld OS forum

rdeclair no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Has anyone here ever used RSA SecurID Blackberry Software Token?

Advertisement

Yes. We use it at my work place with great success. Although recently have found we are not able to install it on the new 8830. I have it on my 8800 and it works great.

johnck78 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C9CC5

We have it here too.

BBWrangler, you can fix the next token code mode by placing and Environment Variable on the server called SOFTID_MULTI=1. This will tell RSA to treat the software tokens like hardware in regards to next token code.

BBWrangler no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219DFD90

johnck78- since those earlier posts the problem hasn't cropped up that much. I'll pass it along to the server folks though. Thanks!

rdeclair - We've only done 2 Curves so far, but I've had trouble getting the RSA app loaded as well. With both devices I think it took 4 or 5 tries of loading and unloading it before it wouldn't crash.

Today, one of those users is getting an error from the Apploader about it being an incompatible module.

No issues that I can recall loading to the 8830 though.
    It doesn't record video. Get over it.

cjay777 no está en línea Stack level 1

At my company we have ~3700 BB's and adding a net of 80 a month. We started deploying the soft RSA token to a small number of BB's for testing. Haven't had any problems with any models til now with the 8830. Currently using 4.2.2 rel 148. The token worked on the previous OS. Have wiped using JL_cmder and reinstalled OS. Have loaded RSA token through DM but now everytime the 8830's boots I get an "Uncaught Exception:Java.lang.Error" message. I hit ok on it but I get it again when launching the RSA Securid icon. Hitting ok there, the app just closes. Since I cannot get it to run I cannot import the key emailed by our Enterprise Security group. I'm having the RSA token sent after this re-wipe over wireless to see if any different. If it fails, I expect I will have to go back to the version previous to 4.2.2 rel 148.

PIN/ID
    219DFD90

That sounds like what we're seeing with the Curve. Try removing the app with the DM, rebooting the device, then loading it again.

On the 8830's and some 8800's we've been seeing the app still shows that its in Demo mode, even though the token's installed. You have to highlight the word demo then hit space to switch to Token1.

I'll check the version we're loading on the 8830's we're currently deploying.

CROIX no está en línea Stack level 1

I use the RSA BB Token on an 8830. You need to contact support and ask for the newer BB version 2.1.1 This will work with the newer BB versions running 4.2.2.x

You can get this off theor website now. This was just released a few weeks ago.

Have fun, hope it works for you.

You need to uninstall the older version first, or you will continue to have the same issues.

thathome no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by rdeclair
    Yes. We use it at my work place with great success. Although recently have found we are not able to install it on the new 8830. I have it on my 8800 and it works great.
    Why were you unable to install it on the 8830's? I am having problems and we are using SoftID 2.0. I hear that the 8830s already have a securID library installed on the phone from factory and this is causing issues. I am just trying to get more info before I spin my wheels all over the place. I hear also that version 2.1 may work. I just need to know before we spend thousands upgrading our 300 users. I don't know how much it is, but I do know RSA is not cheap. Any suggestions?? I get a library error when I try to run the 2.0 version on the phones.

thathome no está en línea Stack level 1

I just read CROIX's post. I need to see if this cost money or not and can I run version 20 and 2.1.1 for our 8703e users and the new 8830 users. I have an 8830 and am the current BES admin. I have exec's screaming to get the softID's working on their new phones. Thanks for all the help guys/girls !!!

johnck78 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C9CC5

You need to use 2.1.1 with the 8830 that has the SecurIDLib module already installed

PIN/ID
    219DFD90

It seems to be a free download, and works with existing tokens.
    Seems to work pretty well on the 8830 and the Cingular and T-Mobile Curves, which also had issues with 2.0.10.

It would have been nice to know the 8830 had the lib file already.

snoebel no está en línea Stack level 1

How does one get the securID library uninstalled from an 8830 device? Has anyone had success doing this?

cabronsote no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello all,

I've been able to wirelesly install the RSA 2.1.1 software token for all BB models except the 8130 Pearl from Sprint. Has anyone been successful with OTA RSA 2.1.1 installs to a Sprint 8130? Its odd because I am able to push the install to 8830's, 8703e's and 7130e's.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

mahoward no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi cabronsote, I am seeing the same issue with 8130's, I have the latest 2.1 software which works on all other devices. A workaround is that the 2.0 version apparently still works. Did you discover the issue?

cabronsote no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks Mahoward, no I have not found a resolution yet. Are you saying that you were able to push the 2.0 versoin to a 8130 and it worked? Initially I thought that the 2.1 tokens weren't working because I didn't have the 8130 listed in the Devices.xml file. Since adding the 8130 to that file, I have still been unable to push the tokens.

I'll keep digging and post if I find a solution.

teramax no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just started working with the RSA for Blackberry 3.01. Seems there are problems with OTA installations. Works 1st time around. Second time I get a 'queing Poll_for_missing_apps request' on the BES server. I loaded it through the Desktop Manager just fine.

Also tried to uninstall it using the Desktop Manager and then redoing the OTA install... no luck. The OTA install seems to work ok with 1st time installs. Let me know if anyone can reproduce this.

A call to RSA and they said they don't support RSA installs...only Desktop.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12