Personally I liked the ui of the beta over the official. It seemed cleaner. However, ... RIM Handheld OS forum

rcd213 no está en línea Stack level 2

Anyone else prefer beta bbm 5 over official?

Advertisement

Personally I liked the ui of the beta over the official. It seemed cleaner. However, in terms of usablity I like that my convos aren't deleted randomly by bbm as they sometimes were in the beta. Maybe I'll need a bit more time getting used to the subtle differences.
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.138 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    I liked that the status showed WITH a green light when available as apposed to no light meaning available and a red meaning unavailable...
    godsdameatIluvdezlittleboxes

The answer to everything?...BBSAK http://rimgeeks.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=56

schunter1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Miss the proximity alert also.

rcd213 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by SGZrazberry View Post
    I liked that the status showed WITH a green light when available as apposed to no light meaning available and a red meaning unavailable...
    Yeah I agree. I knew there was something else different. I couldn't put my finger on, until you mentioned it. Also, I use the bubble format, and it looked a bit nicer on beta.
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.138 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

vod332 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AA5605
    Also...5.0.0.6 had threaded SMS embedded into the application...really miss that. love having all messages in the same place...

yeah, i agree about the green light...was much more visable.

but i do like the time stamp on each message...

trenafisher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30DA1A71
    I also liked the look of the beta a lot better...I miss the feature that shows u wen someone is on the phone...the official don't do that and I'm not impressed by that being removed or left out. I agree with the green light for available too,that was nice...
    BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.238 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/126

jrhorner71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    @5K
    The beta ui is definitely cleaner but the groups is the best part of the official. Definitely worth some losses like proximity since vzw doesn't work. All in all much better than original version.

coloneludatank no está en línea Stack level 2
    the official bbm 5.0 sux completely it has a character limit on your status

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I don't think the UI sucks, but I do miss the ability for people to see if you were on the phone or not. I think that's as important as knowing what someone is listening to. I do see improvement on speed of messaging sending and receiving (Except when I am at home where my service is terrible).