Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

im about 80% ready to move away from blackberry. they just seem so behind other ... RIM Handheld OS forum

fleshka no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Anyone else fed-up with this upgrade issue and getting a different phone?

Advertisement

im about 80% ready to move away from blackberry. they just seem so behind other phones technologically. no touch screen (prob 2-3 yrs away and only for verizon), lack of upgrades, issues with incorporating roxio into their sync software. my blackberry crashes once a day as well. barely any good free programs.

i really dont see the hype. ive had my curve since march. sure it is a good phone but really lacks a lot of features. push email only goes so far. how about functioning video camera, html mail, better web browser, g3, touch screen.

rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    dude there is nothing wrong with Blackberry its you!!...just get an iphone..and btw camera works fine, I have html email and the new browser is much better so stop saying negative things about BB when all you want is a phone for media not bussiness

fleshka no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by rpol8052 View Post
    dude there is nothing wrong with Blackberry its you!!...just get an iphone..and btw camera works fine, I have html email and the new browser is much better so stop saying negative things about BB when all you want is a phone for media not bussiness
    i have yet to see any medical professional using a blackberry. they dont run much of any good software except email and whatnot.

my phone locks up at least one time a day requiring a reset/battery pull. can't claim it is that superior.

i think this is the most overhyper device i ever seen. im sure there are people out there that think their Dodge Neon is the best car around probably the same with these curves. it is like 2-3 yrs behind competitors.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Blackberrys aren't for everyone.

But all the features you're asking for are coming, or are already here. I don't care for a touch screen though. Your blackberry shouldn't be crashing once a day either. The Blackberry OS is one of the most stable operating systems around. It maybe an application that could be causing your crashes. It could be a numerous amount of things.

Although a different device maybe best. Good luck

amcat no está en línea Stack level 3
    If I'm not mistaken, your main issues are features of a phone that business professionals are not highly concerned with. The Blackberry is a business phone first and a multimedia object second. RIM is advancing in the multimedia market greatly, but their bread n butter is the business class phone.

I think the blackberry is an excellent phone and does everything I need it to do and do it well.

If your looking for fun and games only, then I don't think the BB is the right phone for you.

Most Blackberry users could really care less about a touch screen. Touch screen typing is really difficult compared to using hard keys. I don't think the touch screen is feasible yet from a business standpoint.

Sounds like you're more into the iphone market than the Blackberry.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by rpol8052 View Post
    please refrain from personal attacks...thank you. We would like to make constructive criticism

krikor222 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3022BBE5
    I just have one point,

Touchscreen does not determine whether a device is technologically advanced more than a device that does not have that feature. It is simply a style or a preference used by most companies as a marketing feature.
    Shawn K.

Device: BlackBerry Curve 8330 v4.5.0.56
    Carrier: Bell Mobility (Canada)
    PIN: 3022BBE5

syn92 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ac9d95
    If you are unhappy with your curve, you can send it to me ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Sorry, but your're on your own on this one. My BB is fine and so is my upgrade. There is no phone better!

---
    Any questions/problems with your Curve 8320 feel free to contact me via E-mail. heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

aleano75 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me!
    I also love my BB...but like reddog said they aren't for everyone...you mentioned the medical profession...I work in wireless and have noticed that folks in that profession seem to prefer other devices...they don't find the berries to work as proficiently for them. Whatever you decide Good Luck!!
    *RaeRae*

ftx437 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2454c8a2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the iphone isn't any better it lacks more features that the bb already has. And the touch screen to me is crap. Took me longer to type out a message becuase I kept hitting other buttons.

tbhuang2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I actually agree with you. RIM is making snail-paced progress in currently available devices and seems to be spending all of their energy and efforts in working on 3 or 4 or however many devices they are planning to release in the future.
    OS 4.5's progress over the 8 months since rumors have been around is, frankly, really sad.
    I start to lose trust in a company when they show little or no progress during an acceptable time frame. Like you, I am losing my trust in RIM.
    Last edited by tbhuang2; 07-04-2008 at 06:42 PM.
    BB Wishlist:
    -Gmail BIS integration with an effective 2-way read/unread sync solution.
    -More capable integrated alarm.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    RIM tries to keep things like new phones and OS upgrades under wraps so it won't disappoint, but so many fans want to get the information it gets leaked. This leakage of rumors is what causes disappointment, and as BB fans we bring it on ourselves. Not really RIM's fault.

And the touch screen is highly over-rated.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Quote Originally Posted by fleshka View Post
    i have yet to see any medical professional using a blackberry. they dont run much of any good software except email and whatnot.

my phone locks up at least one time a day requiring a reset/battery pull. can't claim it is that superior.

i think this is the most overhyper device i ever seen. im sure there are people out there that think their Dodge Neon is the best car around probably the same with these curves. it is like 2-3 yrs behind competitors.
    Speaking as a man in the industry, many Medical Professionals are actually opting, or are forced to use BlackBerries. Part of the reason is many new polices enforced such as the SBA (Sarbanes Oxley), etc. No other platform allows the logging of all activities done on a device natively except BES. Now don't get me wrong there are third party applications that can accomplish SOME of this functionality but BlackBerry (RIM) provides it natively and at a very secure level.

As for your issue of locking up, RedDog is correct, this should not be occurring. An application is probably causing a conflict or you're simply out of memory, possibly a bad device.

Research in Motion is certainly not 2-3 years behind competitors. They do deliver on their promises but want to ensure that they don't make a mistake that will bite back or ruin the name that they've been striving for years to maintain. Much testing goes through before updates, new devices or technology is released to the general public. As others have stated. RIM OS is THE MOST secure mobile OS, and also one of the most reliable.

Another note would be the added functionality they strive to bring to older devices. I don't know another vendor that goes back and adds as much functionality to an "older" phone. An example would be HTML email, this is now even available to an 8700 and a major advancement. Now go buy an Sony Ericcson and see how much added functionality you get 2-3 years down the line. RIM strives to enhance the technology of its devices as they do their research.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by fleshka View Post
    im about 80% ready to move away from blackberry. they just seem so behind other phones technologically. no touch screen (prob 2-3 yrs away and only for verizon), lack of upgrades, issues with incorporating roxio into their sync software. my blackberry crashes once a day as well. barely any good free programs.

i really dont see the hype. ive had my curve since march. sure it is a good phone but really lacks a lot of features. push email only goes so far. how about functioning video camera, html mail, better web browser, g3, touch screen.
    It's all about what you want in a smart phone. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes when it comes to phones. Trust me, blackberry is #1 and everyone else is trying to catch up. The millions upon millions of users aren't being held at gun point and the quaterly figures don't lie. If you are very resourceful and your love for blackberry is sincere to begin with you will acquire a more recent OS for your BB (with patience) or love it for what it already is......one heck of a device!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast