As some of you may know I received a Beta Version of Translator+ from ShapeServices ... RIM Handheld OS forum

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Accept or Deny Connections

Advertisement

As some of you may know I received a Beta Version of Translator+ from ShapeServices w/ full registration Key to try. When setting it up I accidently chose to Deny Connections to the URL Translator+ was trying to access.
    I have spent all day on the phone with RIM, Nextel BlackBerry Support, pinstack.com, and emailing ShapeServices about this situation. I then thought, why dont I start a new thread to see what my fellow Stackers think. I decided to ask a bunch of my BB Messenger buddies what they thought. All of them were helpful, but nothing worked. I then got to the name "pentace". I messaged him and his first respone was to reset my firewall. I said to him, Im on BES I dont think I can. He told me how and guess what, problem solved.
    When I restarted the Translator+ app it asked me to accept or deny connection and I carefully chose accept. My hats off to pentace. Also, I wanted to thank everyone else who helped me, hydn, johnj41 and EricaJ1073. If I missed someone I apologize.
    Basically if you ever choose deny when an app prompts you too you wont be able to access the app at all because it wont be able to reach the necessary url's. If you reset your firewall you will then be prompted again to accept. Thanks again pentace.
    Last edited by cp6169; 06-30-2006 at 01:39 AM.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Accept or Deny Connections

Didn't you and I try that yesterday? Or am I imagining things again like the little trolls underneath my bed that come out at night and try to suck the air out of my lungs while I sleep....

PIN/ID
    3056468b

I have been trying this since the day you posted ShapeServices was offering this to beta testers. I tried to call ShapeServices, but they are in Germany! Im just glad to have it working. You gave a pretty good review about it!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

You're welcome.

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Told you pentace was the man to talk to.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Im just so excited to be part of this community. I have never had a problem that wasnt solved by one of our members!

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Glad its working. What exactly is it? Lol. Like a web page translator?

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Translator+....It is a language translator that will translate any text to and from numerous different languages. Check out N8DBB's review here...review. I have used it so many times since I got it to work, and its so awesome. I am testing it with a Russian friend, and a Spanish friend, and they say its pretty darn accurate!!

collosal no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32aced10

Is the process of resetting the firewall too involved to post here? I'd love to know the details. Thanks!

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Go to options, go to security, go to firewall, click trackwheel and reset defaults.