Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Justin, if the phone is still restarting, you'll need to reformat your media card. Offload ... RIM Handheld OS forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Advertisement

Justin, if the phone is still restarting, you'll need to reformat your media card.

Offload the card to your PC, the reformat the card in the device. Once that's done, you can begin copying your media back onto the card.

somestone no está en línea Stack level 2
    I Gotta Question...
    I Just Upgraded To 4.5 And I Got A Xp Machine And A Vista Machine..
    Well My Xp Machine' S Desktop Manager Does Fine
    But My Vista Machine Does Not; It Says "unknown Device"
    Ive Tried Reinstalling Usb Drivers But No Luck...
    Keep In Mind That Both Have 4.6v (dm) On Both Computers...
    Please Advice!!

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    Ok will do JH, thanks and mad props to RoGro. I just found 4.5.0.93 so i'll be upgrading some it looks like. Thanks again for the help guys.
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

JustinHerrera no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hey RoGro: I reformatted my memory card and I'm still getting the Reboot.

Okay, you probably have a corrupted file or two on your card as a result of the upgrade with the card in the device. Try this (posted by Stacker SherlockPhones):

1. Using Desktop Manager / Media Manager, copy the entire contents of your media card to your PC.

2. Format the media card using your 4.5 device.

3. Using Media Manager, I noticed that some of my pictures had nothing in the attributes column. Therefore, copy only those images that have attributes back onto the media card.

That seems to have done it for me. Just as a test I put a couple pics on the media card that had nothing in the attribute column and my device started rebooting again.

Within Roxio Media Manager, I used the top window to show the pictures on my PC and the bottom window to show my BB. The view defaults to "Thumbnails" because most people like that option. I changed it to to "Details" (select View\View As\Details).

Looking at it in this view, you'll see that your pictures are listed with 5 columns of information. Specifically they are File Name, File Size, Date Created, Attributes, and Date Modified. For the majority of my pictures, the Attributes column lists the pixels, bits, and dpi (i.e. 2592x1944 pixels, 24-bit, 180 dpi) but I noticed that some of them had that column blank.

Next I selected all of my pictures and then deselected those that had that column blank. When I transferred only the pictures with attributes information back to the media card it seems to have worked and I've had no problems since. Granted, this means I was not able to get all of my pictures back on the media card, but I only lost a few.

Alright, well I'm using a older version of DM because I don't have Roxio Media Manager. The old version doesn't have the attributes field. I can't upgrade my DM because I can't download from the BB site. On another note, I figured how to hide my files. You just have to go to the folder or file, press the application button, then go to properties. There, you can mark it hidden. Not as secure as the other way IMO but at least you can do it. Also, why does it always say "scanning" at the bottom of the screen when I go into my media?
    Last edited by JustinHerrera; 10-07-2008 at 01:43 PM.

How come you can't download DM?

I'm at work and can't download programs. At home, I don't have the internetz.

Ah, gotcha.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12