Hi all! New aussie user here I have a quick question relating to firmware 4.2. ... RIM Handheld OS forum

adrianjp no está en línea Stack level 1

8707g questions on firmware

Advertisement

Hi all! New aussie user here

I have a quick question relating to firmware 4.2.

Is it out for the 8707g and how or where can I get it upgraded? I want to benefit from the latest version but I also want to get the functionality to turn off email data connections cause an error "data connection refused" on my screen.

Also wheres the browser or does this only become enabled after I buy a data plan with my provider?

Cheers
    Adrian
    Last edited by adrianjp; 05-31-2007 at 05:00 AM.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: 8707g questions on firmware

The message "Data Connection Refused" = you don't have a BlackBerry Data Plan = no Email, no Internet Browser.

As for upgrading your firmware, go to your provider's software site (go here to find it). If they have 4.2 firmware for your 8700, download and install Desktop Manager 4.2 SP1 (SP2 isn't worth it for now), and download and install the firmware package.

When you connect your BlackBerry, Desktop Manager will automatically guide you through the upgrade process.
    JerryD

Jesuit no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21E21D8B

Re: 8707g questions on firmware

Good afternoon all! I currently use a BB Pearl but I am looking into getting the 8707g and I was wondering what the pros & cons were. Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you