Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have looked all around about how to delete your SMS or Email's you got ... RIM Handheld OS forum

ElCamino no está en línea Stack level 3

8330 4.5 How to Highligt and Delete SMS/Email

Advertisement

I have looked all around about how to delete your SMS or Email's you got on the BB with 4.5 OS. Before I would just hold down the ALT button and then highlight the SMS or email wih the trackball and it would highlight it then hit delete to remove old text or emails. Now I can't seem to do that. Anyone know of a different way to delete many SMS or emails? Is this a bug in 4.5 OS? Thanks

JasonHDD no está en línea Stack level 3
    it works for me although I have a 8310...maybe try a battery pull..you're the 1st I've heard of with this problem...

toddone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    I also have that prob, I assume its for 8330 and os 4.5.0.33. Being that its beta I don't think there is a way to select messages as of now until we get the official version.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

That's what I was afraid of Well hopefully they will be another Beta release that might address this in the meantime I will have to decide weather to keep 4.5 or go back to 4.3 I really like the documents feature and HTML email and also been able to download a video that another BB sends you with 4.5 and play the video. I usually get 60 to 100 emails a day so it will be very hard to delete one at a time. Anyone know of a way to have it delete SMS or email after say one day automatically. I looked and could only find it holds till 15 days 30 days, etc... Thanks for your input.

If anyone is using 4.5 for the 8330 the way to delete the email is to high light the date and then go to the menu key and choose Delete Prior. Another Pinstacker just posted it. I tried it and worked. So now i will leave 4.5 until I run into something I can't do but will always look for a work around before giving up and removing 4.5 Another thing I used was BBsmart which was a HTML email viewer and what I really liked about that program is you can add email that comes in to your calendar to make a appointment. Now that I have BBsmart disabled because it conflicts with 4.5 HTML email I don't have that feature any longer. Now I will look for a 3rd Party program that can do this. I don't mind paying for the program if its going to do what I need.

cmadera no está en línea Stack level 2
    i have a 8100 and i call tmobile because my problem was with the picture messages and ts of tmobile dosen't know whats they doing and wants me to repeat the master setup in 5 diferent times now i'm not able to use the phone dosen't get the host routimg table did some body know how restart to the factory status to start again.
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 07-02-2008 at 11:01 PM. Reason: format edit

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by ElCamino View Post
    I have looked all around about how to delete your SMS or Email's you got on the BB with 4.5 OS. Before I would just hold down the ALT button and then highlight the SMS or email wih the trackball and it would highlight it then hit delete to remove old text or emails. Now I can't seem to do that. Anyone know of a different way to delete many SMS or emails? Is this a bug in 4.5 OS? Thanks
    You mention holding down the "ALT" button. I don't believe this ever worked with the Curve -- at least not with mine.

However, holding down the SHIFT key while scrolling up and down with the trackball works with mine (4.5.0.44) as well as when I had 4.2.xx.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

mjwood0 I have the CDMA 4.5 also I just noticed that I put the wrong instructions. It should be what you said hold shift.

mcawthon2004 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    313d77b4
    Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    You mention holding down the "ALT" button. I don't believe this ever worked with the Curve -- at least not with mine.

However, holding down the SHIFT key while scrolling up and down with the trackball works with mine (4.5.0.44) as well as when I had 4.2.xx.

I have 8310 and hold the shift and scroll! I just found this out last month!! Works great!

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    mjwood0 I have the CDMA 4.5 also I just noticed that I put the wrong instructions. It should be what you said hold shift.
    Cool. Figured I'd offer that up just in case.

Good luck getting this resolved. That would be a pain!

JasonHDD no está en línea Stack level 3
    If anyone is using 4.5 for the 8330 the way to delete the email is to high light the date and then go to the menu key and choose Delete Prior. Another Pinstacker just posted it. I tried it and worked. So now i will leave 4.5 until I run into something I can't do but will always look for a work around before giving up and removing 4.5 Another thing I used was BBsmart which was a HTML email viewer and what I really liked about that program is you can add email that comes in to your calendar to make a appointment. Now that I have BBsmart disabled because it conflicts with 4.5 HTML email I don't have that feature any longer. Now I will look for a 3rd Party program that can do this. I don't mind paying for the program if its going to do what I need.

camino...do you have Doc2Go installed??? If not, run DM and load it..for some reason, alot of 3rd party apps will jus not work without it.....

pshift no está en línea Stack level 3
    Shift and Trackball does not work for the 8330 and 4.5 OS. It appears to be working for the 8310 and 4.5 OS

sumthinnew no está en línea Stack level 2
    Everyone seems to be referring to the shift key. In my opinion the shift key is the (ALT) key because this is how you can select a number versus letters on the same key, also allows the selection of symbols versus letter on the same key. I believe to highlight multiple emails, sms or text you would have to press the caps key (aA). This is how i do it on my curve!
    curve 8310
    OS 4.5.0.46

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by sumthinnew View Post
    Everyone seems to be referring to the shift key. In my opinion the shift key is the (ALT) key because this is how you can select a number versus letters on the same key, also allows the selection of symbols versus letter on the same key. I believe to highlight multiple emails, sms or text you would have to press the caps key (aA). This is how i do it on my curve!
    curve 8310
    OS 4.5.0.46
    The shift key on a computer causes a uppercase letter to be used. Therefore, the key maeked with an upwards arrow and the aA symbol would be the shift.

The alt key is used to allow a key press to have the alternative input - ie.numeric or symbolic input.

It seems that the shift + scroll is broken on the CDMA Curve (8330) with the new 4.5 OS. This makes sense as I think they have a different key mapping. (Different hex equivalent)

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by pshift View Post
    Shift and Trackball does not work for the 8330 and 4.5 OS. It appears to be working for the 8310 and 4.5 OS
    Works on mine. 8330 running .33 beta

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast