I successfully upgraded last week to 4.5 and did a full powerdown and back on.. ... RIM Handheld OS forum

JuiceX no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3030A8E9

Question 8310 Upgraded to 4.5, Pulled batt and Almost lost all BB messenger Contacts

Advertisement

I successfully upgraded last week to 4.5
    and did a full powerdown and back on..
    All seemed ok..
    I then downloaded the BlackberryBold theme called "Bold_Curve.zip"
    Theme Looked amazing... even changed the HourGlass to a Flux [FONT=Arial]Capacitor.. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]for what ever reason i had to remove the batt... i think o opened the cameracorder with no SD card and it froze on me..[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]so i yanked the battery and turned it back on. to find that my BB messenger contacts were on the verge of being lost.. i recieved an error stating something to the effect: " Switched device.. would you like to send an update to your contacts.. or else you will lose all contacts."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]I hit yes to update and all in my list were in a pending folder down at the bottom of the list to be sent updates..[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]I was able to send messages.. so luckily i sent a message to everyone asking them to reply back.. once i did that all of my contacts who responsed were back in my list in the appropriate folders...[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Same thing happend few days later but this time i chose No to send updates.. and low and behold i lost all of my contacts..[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]once anyone of them messaged me at their own will.. they popped up in my list..[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Would this be the Theme or the OS causing the issue?[/FONT]

quinto1025 no está en línea Stack level 2
    having the same issue. I'm assuming it is OS related.

quinto1025 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thread revival. I Found the issue.

Turn off content protection it will be good!! woot!!

JuiceX no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3030A8E9
    Sweet! thanks for the Info..
    However now i'm on a 8330 and don't have 4.5OS

Still searching for 4.5 on the 8330