Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have an 8100. I just recently upgraded to OS 4.5.0.52 from 4.2.1. Long story ... RIM Handheld OS forum

green_light no está en línea Stack level 3

8100 OS 4.5.0.52 issues...need serious help fast

Advertisement

I have an 8100. I just recently upgraded to OS 4.5.0.52 from 4.2.1. Long story short, the phone crashes randomly now. It's currently hooked up to DM and hasn't crashed when it's hooked up. The device started to crash only when I opened my pictures folder, now it crashes whenever it's not restarting. I got the OS from Blackberry.com so I didn't think there'd be any problems. Can anybody help? Thank you in advance

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    .82 is available for the 8100. You can go to this thread HERE and scroll down to the 8100 device and download from one of the links there. Just follow the thread under the "Guides" section at the top for upgrading your device. You will need to delete the vendor.xml file during upgrade.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Thanks, I will try this right now. Hopefully I can get this downloaded and on to my device within the next couple of hours. Appreciate the help

Does it matter which site I download from?

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Nope, just choose an english version . It shouldn't take more than an hour or so to get your device back up & running.

Here is the step-by-step guide if you haven't located it yet:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lackberry-929/
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Also check out this thread, it may be more up to date.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...8_a-92065/~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Drat!!
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._2008_a-92065/
    There that should work.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

silvermoon no está en línea Stack level 3
    this is why i am terrified to upgrade my os!!
    silvermoon

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Try the last link green and at the top follow the links for jl_cmndr as well as the how to. That should get you where you need to be. Any questions just keep asking. Remember take out media card .~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Incredible. You guys are amazing. Thanks!!!

Actually some sort of good news....I removed the media card and rebooted, it hasn't crashed yet. So I'll have to remove everything on my card and format it. I may have to save upgrading to .82 (or higher) for another time, but I'll bookmark this thread..You guys are great!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Wait a little while before getting to excited lol. Remember it took it a while this morning before it started but hopefully that's all it was.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I had a corrupted file on my media card once (happened to be a ring tone, also happened to be the one for BBM lol) so everytime that file was attempting to be used the phone would crash. Once I removed the media card the phone was fine. Took it home and removed everything from the card and formatted it. Replaced everything but the ringtones. I then slowly added the tones back on, one at a time, and played all of them. Got to the problem tone. Phone crashed when it came back up deleted that file, never a problem since.

I guess what I'm trying to say is. Your phone may be crashing due to a corrupted media file. Image, tone, video, voice note, whatever.

Hope you get it all sorted out.

Thanks, I think its all sorted now. That's probably what it was since it hasn't crashed with the card out. I'm a bit nervous to restart the phone lol...I'm paranoid whenever I do something to my device and it takes 2 seconds longer than normal...I start to freak out

So far, everything has worked perfect though. Even the hourglass problem has been fixed. The camera also works nice. What a relief!!

Were you able successfully upgrade your phone's OS?

Yes

Sort of a work around for now, I've only got OS 4.5.0.52 for right now until I can get access to a PC again. And I need to reformat my media card since there's apparently a corrupt file on it.

Thanks for the help!!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Well Christmas is just around the corner green. You going back to your folks then? If so and you need help pop back in and we will help if we can.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast