After an upgrade to 4.5 I keep on getting JVM error 514. Have already tried ... RIM Handheld OS forum

casefile101 no está en línea Stack level 1

8100 JVM 514 JNI Argument Error

Advertisement

After an upgrade to 4.5 I keep on getting JVM error 514. Have already tried wiping and reinstalling the OS. But OS works for about 30 seconds then gets continuosly stuck at JVM 514!! Please Help!!!!

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Did you modify or move any files in RIM folder? If so replace files to original location or uninstall/ reinstall OS on PC, then wipe and reinstall os on BB~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by Safiy; 01-19-2009 at 08:08 PM.

Nope didn't touch the RIM files.

I have found the root cause of the problem. The memory card had become corrupted over time. when I upgraded the handset to OS 4.5 the old memory card (which was on 4.2) didnt allow for the new file system for 4.5 to function properly. Simply removing the memory card solved the problem. Unfortunately the handset is not allowing the old memory card to be formatted, i need to get a new one for the handset.

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Glad you're back up and running. Weird solution though. I've upgraded from 4.2 to 4.5 on two curves. Switched to the storm and upgraded a couple of times, all with memory card inserted. Never an issue. Strange.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    BTW try formatting the card w/PC.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Cheers Saify, i think its a bit weird too. Ive upgraded loads of BlackBerries myself for our customers and staff but never had this issue before. It seems to happen on 81xx series alot, from what I am seeing on the web forums. I have now formatted it by the PC and it seems to still work BUT BB goes slow whenever accessing the Media App. I think the Memory card is knackered. Ive recommended the user to get a new media card. gave him the whole BS that media cards are not Manufactured by RIM! therefore the wear out quicker than the handsets do

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Yes a good recommendation. What type of SD card is it BTW? I mean who makes it?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

It was a SanDisk 128MB so you can imagine it was nearing its demise anyway!!!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Lol. They still make 128MB cards?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I dont think they make them but the ones already made are still in circulation!!

alfonz no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have a ton of those 128MB cards at work give to me for free I give them away for fee to clients that get new phones. Makes them happy and makes me look good lol

Smile

I have a ton of those 128MB cards at work given to me for free I give them away for free to clients that get new phones. Makes them happy and makes me look good lol

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Quote Originally Posted by alfonz View Post
    I have a ton of those 128MB cards at work give to me for free I give them away for fee to clients that get new phones. Makes them happy and makes me look good lol
    Definitely a good idea.

Yes I have no use for them. So this something that gives clients an insentive to come back. It working so far ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~