Hi, I have problem with installing OS 4.1 on my 7100v. I managed to install ... RIM Handheld OS forum

pixthedog no está en línea Stack level 1

7100v OS 4.1 installation problem

Advertisement

Hi,
    I have problem with installing OS 4.1 on my 7100v. I managed to install 4.0 but all the 4.1's I've downloaded (I've tried three different ones) and installed on my PC aren't visible in Application Loader. Although they are shown in "about DM" window in the tab "Device Software". I would really would like to be able to install new themes etc. on my BB. As far as I've found out installing 4.1 should be possible on 7100v.
    My phone was previously registered in Vodafone IE (Ireland) network. Now I'm using O2 (Ireland) simcard in it. I have 4.1 DM. I don't have internet connection from my BB yet as well, but I'm working on it ;-P
    Hope that the information I provided is enough :-)
    If any anybody knows the solution and maybe links to right downloads I would be very thankful.

Another question is if it is possible to transfer pictures and ringtones to my BB 7100v using Desktop Manager (I know the method with Device Simulation already but if there was any easier way...).

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: 7100v OS 4.1 installation problem

Hi pix. When you downloaded the OS did you make sure to install it on the pc? Im sure you did but just checking.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Did you also delete the vendor.xml file from the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader folder?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

pixthedog no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks rcbjr, that was it! :-)